Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

It's not tiki

Pages: 1 5 replies

A

but still kinda cool. Falls under the category of "If you're given lemmons, make lemmonaide."

http://www.slideshare.net/ag205/galveston-tree-sculptures-4776166

TK

yeah, i have seen it b4. pretty good craving.

That is one of many great tours in Galveston. There are many of them left over trees with great stories in that town. The Fire Station has a great one.

P
phinz posted on Sat, Jul 17, 2010 6:06 PM

Nice to see Galveston doing this. I cried when I found out the Balinese Room was gone. I have so many memories of time spent on the Galveston shore, cruising the seawall, tidal pool hunting at East Beach, fishing from the Flagship Pier, surfing Jamaica Beach and all the other things a kid from Houston/LaMarque/Hitchcock/Texas City does. The Texas City Dike is due to open this fall, and I'd love to be there when it happens. Galveston has come back before, and it will do it again.

I visit about 5 times a year. I say Galveston has made a 90% come back since my visit last month minus the piers and flagship hotel pier. They are in the process of building a new super big fishing pier and the old flagship is turning into a boardwalk kinda like Kemah boardwalk. Crystal Beach area wasn't the nicest place before Ike, but it was a good get away too. It is starting to look better because everything is new now.

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2010-07-17 19:38 ]

A

I haven't been there since the late spring of 2009, the year after the storm. Galveston was still pretty torn up but I believe Surfside Beach was worse. The photo of the former building is from East Beach and the water shots are 38th street. I've heard tar balls from the Deepwater Horizon have started to wash up on Bolivar. I'm so relieved they have the oil stopped. . . at least for now. Just pray the containment holds up and we don't get another storm.

Pages: 1 5 replies