Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

If I make a gallon of Tonga Zombie mix how long will it keep?

Pages: 1 4 replies

D

I know, this is a popular question. If I make the recipe that has passion fruit syrup, fresh lime juice, and pineapple juice can I expect it to last maybe through an entire weekend. That is drinking it at a moderate pace?

It should last a week or two, but the flavor may change after a few days.
I premix Mai Tai's (Fresh Juice based) for big shindigs and its fine for days

That said, Cocktails always taste best fresh made!

If I make a gallon of Tonga Zombie mix how long will it keep?

That depends entirely on how many people your having over.

Basic rule of thumb for anything with fresh citrus.... 24 hours or less.

It will keep in the fridge up to about three days, up to five if you have a really cold fridge. But after about 24 hours (less if its hots) the citrus begins to oxidize, specifically the citric acid, and it looses it's 'umph.' It will still be drinkable, and probably taste pretty good, but the longer you keep it the flatter it will taste.

D

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to a beach house for the weekend and wanted to bring some pre-made stuff with me so I didn't have to futz with making all the drinks individually. If the mix keeps well for 3 days tops, that should work for me. We may go through all of it in one or two nights!!

i would premix everything except for the fruit juices, and store this 'base' cold. Add the fresh juices, blend & serve. Citrus juice, particularly lime, lemon & grapefruit juices will oxidize & go off within a day, or two at the most.

Pages: 1 4 replies