Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Oasis art preview ...carvings & finished ceramics !

Pages: 1 45 replies

Ok folks looks like we may have a new marquesan tiki mug debuting at Oasis. Doing my best to get it ready for y'all. A three tiki mug! Should have about 15- 20 of them. I am only using one mold for this, so it is very limited with a max of about 75 - 100 ! I will be doing five different color variations in groups of twenty, so when the color is gone, it's gone.

Ok , I am making some hand=built one off mugs for you as well. We are doing coconuts in three sizes. Shot, mug and small bowl. I am also doing some classic tiki designs that I have always loved and wanted to make in one form or another. I may even have a cute tapa design whale bowl! Here's a group shot of the one-offs .

I present El Bombardon ! Ceramic canon with wood base. I am really into this concept, so I will be making a run of limited edition canon mugs in the future. This is for the scalawag in you .

Hand carved Tiki Idols with event only pricing! I will be bringing some carved outrigger canoes (shown w/out outrigger) too.

I will have an even bigger surprise new mug that I am partnering up with some old friends!

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2010-08-17 18:12 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2010-08-20 01:22 ]

T

Great news, Danny - hope you finish in time and yes a sneak peek would be great! G

On 2010-07-23 10:24, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Sneak peek is a possibility.

That makes this thread a pre-tease tease! Hurry up, there's still plenty of time. :lol:

Dah-nie.. Dah-nie.. Dah-nie!!! :)

Oh great, my suitcase just got even bigger....can't wait for this one...

Cool!

JV

Let's see it Danny...

oh to see the mug!!!!!!!!

N
NOTCH posted on Mon, Jul 26, 2010 5:49 PM

Show the goods man!!

Man, you are a p-tease! Give it up, brotha.

Cough it up Diablo! :evil:

Jeez, those mug maniacs! Calm down now kids, or you won't get ANY... :D

B

Even with just a close up picture, I can tell this fella is going to be mighty tasty.

Rawk on Danny!

Waitaminnit! That looks like a KU eye to me! Or....could it be...that strange O.A. Marquesan that stood at Disneyland and is depicted on Kevin Kidney's new Adventureland shirt ??? In any case, I like it!

T

Nice to see your work here again Danny!!
Keep it up.

It's a Gorn! call captian Kirk,quick!

looookin' good!

C

ah, man.

another reason to wish I were going to be there this year :wink:

can't wait to see more :D

Ya never miss a beat Danny!

This one's gonna be killer, I can already tell!

Thanks guys,

This was going to be my Hukilau mug but...... So if you can picture three Marq tikis like I did for Trader Vic's and OA back to back , then you can picture the mug concept. Now to name it. Sven we have to talk.

T

YES!!! Finally making that! I remember you talking about the 3 tiki mug years ago... can't wait to see it! Looks like we're all cranking stuff out for Oasis!

Three's Company!
Can't wait to see this after that eye tease!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 30, 2010 8:47 AM

Marq 3 (like mach 3).

" Come and knock on our door..." haa I still watch that show.

Ernie i like that .

We will also have some one of a kinds and hand-built coconut mugs .

New pics added on page one

LT

Good stuff!

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Aug 6, 2010 7:40 AM

I always wanted to do the tall one from when I saw it in the Book of Tiki. My dream of One offs are really taking off with the other artist.

T

NICE!!! Love the tikis!

Going full steam with this stuff and loving it! I'll be posting more pics of ceramics and wood carvings that I'll have for sale in the booth. Thanks for the support TC peeps.

LT

Look forward to seeing it on Saturday!

Looking forward to this weekend. Feel kind of like TO 2 for me with all of the artists putting out great stuff. New pics added of first page.

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2010-08-17 18:15 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 9:00 PM

Awesome stuff as usual Diablo Dude. looking forward to seeing you this weekend. It's been too long.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 9:12 PM

ditto what grog said.. that big diablo marq is way nice, and i love the whale bowl.. it reminds me of the time I made the noisy sawdust storm making that whale for spermy, while you where trying to calmly give carving advise to some guys two feet away at the chop...haha..good luck at oasis!!

CA

see ya there!.....

final one off preview on page one. See y'all there!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 1:29 AM

Love the canon.

H
harro posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 5:39 AM

Jeez that's some awesome carvings and mugs there Diablo - wish I could be at Oasis to snap up some of that! Damn!

by the way thanks for the little shrunken head with the Marq mug you sold me.

CJ

dang! you always bring it home

Thanks again peeps for the support. We had a great time as usual at Oasis.

Danny, any chance of a look at the new Marquesan mug for a poor sap who couldn't make it to San Diego?

Keep up the great work!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 25, 2010 1:17 AM

Great seeing you Diablo Dude. Your stuff is killer.

thanks guys and I'll get a pic/thread going on my new mug ASAP.

Howzit Tiki Diablo, Great meeting you @ Oasis.. I'm loving my new Marquesan mug.. IT ROCKS Braddah!!
Mahalo's again

Aloha

B

Hey Diablo, I really enjoyed our talk in the parking lot at Oasis...You sir, are an extremely talented person, and an all around around very friendly fella. I hope we can get together sometime for a little clay jam.

(PS) I'll pm you some pictures of that trailer I was talking to you about :-)

look for the return of El Bombardon! tiki oasis 2013

FALSE ADVERTISING!!! There's no preview here! :lol:

Pages: 1 45 replies