Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sept 18th-Art Jam/Carving Day/Hanging Out/Pool Party- VISTA

Pages: 1 31 replies

Come one come all to the PARTIALLY completed Monkeyman Pad Saturday September 18th.
Time- 10am till whenever you want to leave.

If you want to paint... great...
If you want to carve... fine
If you have a pendant or lamp you are working on.... bring it.
If you just want to hang out and go swimming you are welcome.
You could also just relax in the almost completed tiki room with a Monkeypod and your favorite tunes.

This is a potluck so please bring your favorite snack or drink.

Kids are welcome

I live in Vista, CA (North San Diego County)

I would love to see old friends and make new. Please PM me for directions.

Derek

[ Edited by: monkeyman 2010-09-06 16:20 ]

T

Monkeyman -

I would love to come down for an art jam but have already made plans for this Saturday :( Damn! I've been watching your home project thread as well as I've been told by friends that you're a meticulous craftsman regarding tiki projects...If you should have another get-together this year please give us a little more heads-up. Two days notice may not be enough time for those of us outside of San Diego County.

Have a great day, sorry I will miss this. G

Aw Man!
Thanks for the short notice!
Wish i could go
but I was gonna possibly make my one public appearance at
BooBen's 1/2 off Sale!

clown...

M

New Date. Bump

I'm in! :D

me too!!! except I will have to work from home. somebody jump in the pool for me.

Bill.... this is gonna be a whopper...

You and ME :)

Vistans Unite

Wish I could make it, but I've got meetings all day, ugh.

I've been wanting to see the progress you've made to your place. Hopefully next time!

Who else is in??? Don't leave me and Derek alone together! :lol:

Sorry Bill, family b'day party :( Try to keep you hands off him, I heard he's a studmuffin bullhunk :D

H
Heath posted on Sun, Sep 12, 2010 9:56 PM

AAARRRGH!!!!
I have a wedding to go to that day!!!

L

Off topic completely but that couch is beautiful!

M
mieko posted on Mon, Sep 13, 2010 2:09 PM

Ugh, I've got prior commitments as well. I'd ask for a different date, but my schedule is pretty crazy.

Please note that this CAN evolve into an evening get together if thats what floats your boat.

I think I shall arrive around 1pm. After filling a Growler at Stone. Any requests?

Growler from Stone.... um... uh....

Get something seasonal and fresh

Can't wait to stop in and see all you guys!

On 2010-09-13 19:04, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
I think I shall arrive around 1pm. After filling a Growler at Stone. Any requests?

The Russian Stout is always delish. This weekend's special fill is Stone Smoked Porter w/ Vanilla Beans.

Bumpy Bump....

PM me for address and directions. Hope to see you all here.

Great time at the chop today, thanks Derek!
I had 4 small tikis that I started earlier this week, that I needed to finish and deliver today. Took me all day but I did get them all done by 5:30!

Now nobody ever said any thing about Stone growlers before!!! I will be at the next one even if it is 3 hours away!
How can we make Arrogant Bastards Tiki?, Just a thought....
Monkeyman; Did that Frankl "6'er" couch come with the rope ties or did you add them? Sweet couch!

B

Sorry I missed this one, guys!

Did anyone take pictures? Post 'em!

Bowie

S

Here are a few photos from the chop

thanks Derek...I have a few more pix I'll post later

Sorry I missed it, seems like Chops are getting few and far between. But my wife said that family comes before tiki :lol: Looks like Derek skooled you all in router art!

Stupid question - what the hell is a "growler"?

Thanks to those that stopped by for a while. It was a productive day.

M
mieko posted on Fri, Oct 1, 2010 6:50 PM

On 2010-09-19 22:54, MadDogMike wrote:

A 1/2 gallon or 1 gallon sized jug that breweries will fill with beer for you to take home and enjoy. Since they're filled fresh from a keg, it's recommended to drink them within 1-2 days of purchase.

Breweries will sell the jugs for a few bucks, and then fills depend on the beer you're getting. They will refill their own growlers, but cannot fill ones with other brewery names because of labeling laws.

(sometimes I think I know too much about beer).

Sorry I missed the chop, hope to have another one soon.

Thanks Mieko :)

On 2010-09-19 22:54, MadDogMike wrote:

There is another meaning, but Mieko's is the one that applies here!

Derek did say he's up for a chop anytime, so let's get one going! Mike, you can carpool up with Kino!

MN

There is another meaning, but Mieko's is the one that applies here!

Generally I am a slow carver. I happened to growl this one out. Damn near done even. I did start this at Monkey Mans. It does need some finishing touches.

Skal,
Erik the Red

Derek did say he's up for a chop anytime, so let's get one going! Mike, you can carpool up with Kino!

It's a 6+ hour drive for Kino, I'm sure he could use some company for part of the trip.

Pages: 1 31 replies