Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Treasure Craft Drummer Lamp, ca. 1959

Pages: 1 8 replies

Bought this guy a few years back, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of history on it. It's definitely a Treasure Craft Drummer circa 1959. I don't know if Treasure Craft made the lamp or if it was someone's "Other Craft" project way back when. In any case, I need to sell it, I will be posting it on ebay on Sunday unless someone here wants it. First dibs to TC members! I hate to part with it, but I just need the cash. Being unemployed is sucky!

I'm asking $350 for it, or best offer. PM me if you're interested, have any questions, just want to tell me I'm crazy, or whatever. :wink:
More details under the pics:

Drummer is 10 1/2" high, The wood section with the carved King profile and oars is 13" high, total height with harp is 26 1/2"
Base is 14" across and 5" deep.
It looks like there was a plaque of some kind on the front of the base that has been removed. The plug has been cut off, so it will need a simple re-wiring job to make it functional. There are no marks on the bottom.

I have more pics I can send, too, just send me a PM if interested.
Mahalo for looking!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2010-07-29 19:24 ]

Good luck karrol! who ever grabs up this swell lamp and needs a shade, Ive got one.

Dang! That is one beautiful lamp there kiki!

T

At first glance I laughed out loud 'cause it looked like the drummer was squatting over a toilet! Shows you where my mind's at! (wow! a painting idea :) )

Thanks Kiki! G

Karol this was an existing lamp made of Milo wood in Hawaii ,and someone decided to glue
the drummer and the sea shell on as an after thought .

I don't know that I would call it an afterthought... it's looks like a perfect fit to me. Perhaps someone took the lamp and the drummer and made a new base, attaching all the pieces. But the wood of the base exactly matches the upright carved piece, so it looks to me like it was very purposefully done by whoever made the original. Whatever the case, it's still a pretty cool and unusual vintage lamp!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2010-07-30 14:35 ]

Greg, you kill me! LOL! :wink:

Anyone interested, send me a pm by tonight. I'll consider all reasonable offers. Going to post on ebay tomorrow.
Thanks!

Pages: 1 8 replies