Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Lots O' Big news from The MARTINI KINGS! UK tour, new cd's ,Tiki Oasis and much more!

Pages: 1 13 replies

aloha to our tc friends!
the martini kings head over the big pond and perform south of london at vintage at goodwood aug 13th, 14th and 15th. this is a totally amazing festival with about 100 bands featuring ronnie wood(the stones) with the faces, wanda jackson and too many to list! the martini kings are the token exotica band!(check out vintage at goodwood website!)

as soon as we return we hit tiki oasis!!! can't wait!
martini kings play friday eve on the big stage just prior to kim tsoy.
please note we are also playing a more intimate show sunday at noon poolside. tell your friends since this is not listed on the oasis site. this is always our fave part of oasis playing poolside while everyone swims and puts away the mai tais!

about our new music:
folks have been asking if we have a new cd:
truth is we kinda have 3 new cd's but haven't really had a chance to publicize much so all 3 cd's will be available for the first time at tiki oasis in the vending area.also we are down to our last 20 limited edition martini kings mugs designed by squid available at tiki oasis.

cd #1. martini kings/ the buddy greco sessions:
we teamed up with lounge legend buddy greco for the ultimate swanky lounge cd.

cd #2 lost in paradise- all new original songs featuring the 35 piece martini kings orchestra!

cd #3 live at the rhumba room - our fans fave "intoxicating sounds has now been remastered/remixed and sweetened with many special suprises for the ears.

SPECIAL NOTE: tony and stuart from the martini kings will be backing up kim tsoy for his big headlining set friday night at oasis on the big stage.

if all this isn't enough goin on...... my wife valerie and i are renewing our wedding vows(20 years) in a private ceremony at tiki oasis on saturday!

thats all the news that fits for now!!!!!!!!!!
enjoy your summer and we will see you soon.
tony
http://www.martinikings.com

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! How exciting to be pumping the exotica in the UK with such a great line up. What an honor and a thrill.

As always, I can hardly wait for your new CDs...and to think 3 at once...what a fabulous way to overdose. :)

Where is the cover shot for the Lost in Paradise album? I was wondering if it is the "Diamonds are Forever" Palm Springs home?

Congrats on the wedding vow renewal at Oasis...totally romantic and Tiki.

Awesome news, give my best to the UK Ohana! See you guys at Oasis and later up in Sacramento!

Don't forget Tiki Caliente 3 in May too!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

W

Have fun on Tour Guy's

CA

Hey?? could you guys produce some music worth listening to?????? LOL :wink: (wink wink - nudge nudge) etc....

hi vamp,
hope you are havin a swell summer. the photo on lost in paradise is the elrod house in palm springs where they shot james bonds diamonds are forever. what a pad!
see you soon at oasis!

cool! lookin forward to our sacramento trip in october!

Hi Kings, we are so excited to see you at Vamps home. Dan and I will see you at Oasis, Wendy

That's great news! I wish we could go to Oasis this year.

Could you bring some CD's to the Sacramento crawl? Matt the Cat & I are hosting on Friday night and would love the opportunity to purchase some CD's from you. Can't wait to see and hear you at Marlene's, that will be fab.

Hope you can visit our home, the Keno Kai during the crawl. Congratulations on all your success!

love playin house parties. it's our fave. vamps will be swingin!!!
say hi at oasis!
tony

aloha tikimookie!
no worries, i'll bring some discs to go around.let's party!
tony

TM

Good stuff, guys! Your band and the Tikiyaki O are the only exotica/lounge bands I will ever listen to! Congats on renewing your wedding vows, and awesome that you are bringing Tiki to the UK!

mahalo lucas for the cool words!!!
hope you are having a great summer.
best,
tony

It's a Bondathon weekend (of course I'm watching...gotta support TV airing of 007) and it reminded me of how swank you two look in your white dinner jackets. That was a good look in the intro of Goldfinger for Sean Connery too. You guys did it right with the carnations too...SMOOOOOOOTH!!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies