Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 10 Car Show!!! Saturday August 21st, 9:00am to 4:00pm

Pages: 1 13 replies

MT

Hurry, hurry, hurry!!! Step right on up folks! This year's Tiki Oasis is the Greatest Tiki Show On Earth, and we've worked hard at rounding up some great cars for the Tiki Oasis 10 Car Show. Darryl and Peggy Nance from D&P Classics in Huntington Beach will be bringing their amazing, jaw dropping, 1965 Chevy Chevelle 2 door surf wagon. Built to showcase what they're capable of producing over at D&P Classics, "Bamboozled" is heavily customized with flames and tiki graphics and mind boggling accents - for example, each spoke on their custom C&C machined billet wheels is in the shape of a tiki! This is a car that has to be seen to be believed! And if you fall in love with it, and can't live without it, fear not, Bamboozled will be available for sale!!!

Ernie Menehune Jr. will be driving his customized red and white split window 1962 VW Bus all the way from Tucson, AZ. In keeping with the family tradition, it has an amazing tiki'd out interior! Drop by and say hello to him, and have him forward a big Aloha to his dad! He'll be followed by another traveler from Arizona, Richard Whitcomb and his 1961 Ford Falcon Wagon customized with tiki accents.

Do you like vintage Roadsters? Well, we've got 'em! Rob Bennett from the Lifters Car Club will be bringing his 1930 Ford Roadster built in a period correct 40's style. Many of his friends from the Lifters, Beatniks, Strays, and Turks Car Clubs will be representing Sand Diego by bringing an amazing assortment of Hot Rods and Customs, all vintage style, including Roadsters, Mercurys, Bel Airs, 5 Window Coupes, Trucks, and even an El Camino and a Ranchero! Edog from Edog Customs will be bringing not one, but TWO wild customized Thunderbirds, including a '60 and a '66 T-Bird. Vintage Corvette Roadsters? Check. Shelby Mustang Covertibles? Got 'em. And if that's not enough, Robert and Sherry Ruiz will be bringing their totally bad ass "Royal Hawaiian" 1927 Altered Ford Phaeton with the blown Hemi!

We'll have Tiki Artists representin', too. Doug Dorr will be bringing his cool 1958 Pontiac Chieftan with custom pinstriping, Rat Fink and Tiki graphics. And Kirby will be bringing his cool yellow Dune Buggy with the bamboo rack, thatched roof, and customized Tiki interior! Rick Wilkinson, guitarist from the band Chum, will not only bring his freshly restored 1964 Volkswagen Beetle that has been in his family since it was brand new, he will also bring his bandmates Willy B. and Adrien Anthony from Chum, and they're gonna rock out some cool surf tunes for everyone at the car show! Make sure to check out our sponsor Kona Brewing Co.'s amazing 1970 VW Bus, complete with customized tiki graphics, and beer tap dispensing system built into the back of the van! We're going to have various cool give-aways at the car show, and there will be a Pin-up Girl photo shoot to boot!

Hot Rods! Cool Customs! Tiki'd out rides! Surf music! Pin-up Girls! Cool give-aways! How can you contain all of that in just one small section of the parking lot? It won't be easy, but we're going to do it! So hurry, hurry, hurry, and make your way to the Greatest Tiki Car Show On Earth! It will be a sight not to be missed!!! Saturday August 21st, from 9:00am to 4:00pm. BE THERE!!!

Here is a list of the cars, plus a few preview pics scattered here and there:

Darryl and Peggy Nance, D&P Classics
"Bamboozled" 1965 Chevy Chevelle Malibu 2 door surf wagon heavily customized with flames and tiki graphics

Ernie Menehune, Jr
1962 Volkswagen split window MicroBus with tiki'd out interior

Eric Michaud, EDog Customs
1960 T-Bird customized
1966 T-Bird customized with wild '70s graphics

Kirby Fleming
Dune Buggy with bamboo, thatch roof, and tiki interior

Robert and Sherry Ruiz
Altered 1927 Ford Model T Phaeton hot rod with blown Hemi - "Royal Hawaiian"

Richard Whitcomb
1961 Ford Falcon Station Wagon with wood paneled accents

Rick Wilkinson
Restored 1964 VW beetle, in his family since it was brand new

Kona Brewing Company- Sponsor
1970 Volkswagen Bus with Tiki Graphics, and beer serving system in back

Charlie Kokat and Sharon Jeskey
Red 1960 Corvette Roadster
1968 Shelby GT500KR convertible

Robert Bennett
1930 Rord Roadster built 1940's style

Mike Van Zetten
1934 Ford 5 Window 2 door coupe

Russ Hare
1955 Chevy Pick-Up

Kevin Haley
Customized 1959 Ford Ranchero

Eddie McFadden
Customized 1942 Chevy Coupe

Fip Buchanan
Customized black 1940 Mercury 2 dr coupe

Dewayne Norton
Customized 1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe

Manuel Cicneros
Customized 1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe

Robert Martinez
Customized 1950 Chevy Coupe

John Adkins
1965 Buick Riviera

Phil Christy
1960 Chevy El Camino

Steve Owen
1930 Ford Model A Roadster

Tim Wallace
Customized 1955 Mercury 2 door hardtop

Terry Wallace
Customized 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe

Doug Dorr
Customized 1958 Pontiac Chieftan with tiki accents and lowbrow art

Big Dave McNeley
1954 Chevy Bel Air

Michele Penner
1964 Ford Thunderbird

Jason Conard
1928 Dodge Bros.' Delivery Hotrod with nailhead engine and cool custom interior

Great post Bill. Looks like it will be an absolutely awesome show. I'm so loving that T-Bird!!!

Where's NOTCH's '35 Ford Pickup?

L

Looking forward to seeing all the cars. Glad you have it so orgaized Bill -- looks like you put a lot of work into it !

Bill,

Great line up!!! But are you really sure you have enough cars?

I kid!

MT

On 2010-08-07 07:16, MadDogMike wrote:
Where's NOTCH's '35 Ford Pickup?

Believe me, it was the FIRST car that I invited. I even double checked with him before I made this posting, and then talked to him about it again today at Forbidden Island, but he's not going to bring it. It's difficult for him to bring BOTH the KuBar and his truck at the same time. And I can understand that, the KuBar is big and heavy - in fact, Otto and I just helped Notch load it onto a trailer about an hour or so ago! And on top of that, Notch only has one truck to tow the KuBar down to San Diego, and access to one trailer, so he would then need someone else to drive an additional truck and trailer. But if people make a shout out to Notch, or even better, A DEMAND that he bring his Hot Rod, then maybe he'll find a way to bring it!!!

On 2010-08-07 14:21, leleliz wrote:
Looking forward to seeing all the cars. Glad you have it so orgaized Bill -- looks like you put a lot of work into it !

Thanks, Liz! It was indeed a LOT of work! Much thanks also goes to Aloha John Fulton, Rob Bennett from The Lifters C.C., Jason Navarette, and anyone else that I might have forgotten, for helping out!

On 2010-08-08 01:47, Aquatic Safarinaut wrote:
Bill,

Great line up!!! But are you really sure you have enough cars?

I kid!

John, just wait until next year!!! :D

" It's difficult for him to bring BOTH the KuBar and his truck at the same time."

I figgured as much and was only half kidding but it would be cool to see.

I take it this show is invite only?

Nice work Mai Tai - Looking forward to pics from the 2010 version - Especially the VW's but I like em all!

These cars were amazing last year wow at that '65 Chevy Wagon, my '65 Olds Vista Cruiser has far to go I am inspired!

These cars were amazing last year wow at that '65 Chevy Wagon, my '65 Olds Vista Cruiser has far to go I am inspired!

T
TNT posted on Tue, May 3, 2011 12:14 PM

Oh no, are we too late to put our new baby in the show?
1960 Pontiac Catalina

Ill bring more large gikis to decorate, too!!

Great looking Catalina!
By the way, The Hula Girls have been talking with Otto, Baby Doe, and Mai Tai, and it looks like The Hula Girls will be at The Tiki Oasis Car Show on Saturday, with two shows at 11:00 and at 2:00!! Can't wait!
Hopefully my '62 Thunderbird will be up and running again by that time!

Pages: 1 13 replies