Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Fifth Annual Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale - PICS!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

Happy! Happy!

Another great time at Forbidden Island. Wendy and Dan

In reverse order.

Had a great day selling with Liz and Ami, special thanks to them both for helping me out. Was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Thanks to Mike for putting this on.

Made some amazing purchases yesterday, will post them over in finds.

Less than two weeks til the Sacto crawl, hope you can make it out!

Later,

PTD

On 2010-09-27 10:53, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Had a great day selling with Liz and Ami, special thanks to them both for helping me out.

Dang, I missed Ami?! Now I gotta wait almost 2 weeks until I get to party with her.

A HUGE mahalo to all who attended and participated in our Parking Lot sale, ensuring it to be the biggest and best one yet!! The selection of goods was mind-blowing, as was the entertainment. Thanks too, to my awesome staff, who effortlessly quenched the thirst of the masses, without even breaking a sweat! Alooooha!

pics soon...

L

Here are some pics of the sale yesterday. Our booth was pretty congested all day (hooray!) so didn't get pics of all the vendors because we were so busy- but you may recognize a few of these fab folks :

Psycho Tiki D & I's crammed to capacity (and then some) booth:

yeah we had TONS of stuff!

Tobunga(Eric October)'s Booth--Manuel came as well - always great to see them and I was stoked I scored the black paper Tiki Bob drawing he did. Sometimes it pays to be able to shop while setting up the booth!

Jungle Trader in his booth - he sold some of his huge carvings which helped him buy from me so thank you to those people who now own Jungle Trader originals!

Tiki Kaimuki was actually making a piece while he vended:

Lake Surfer & his lovely wife--so glad I grabbed up one of his Tiki Bob carvings...and I am sure they were loving the hot weather we had!

Tiki Kaimuki and MP being..themselves

MP's booth of Happy Bastard art

Psycho Tiki D and TikiHammer=it was a long but fabulous day!

Thanks to Forbidden Island and all the vendors. We came up from Southern California and scored some cool items before heading into the bar for cocktails. Great, great time.

A few pictures of the event and the items we picked up are below. Not pictured are some nifty prints we bought from Taboo Island and a very cool Tonga Hut print from Eric October (they're being put into frames and hung).

Mahalo,

kevin

Well, (finally) here are some pics of our biggest and best PL sale yet:
The whole album can be viewed on our facebook fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=243311&id=66526350002&ref=mf

Some highlights:

Molokai Mike officially opens PL Sale V

With 20 vendors this year, the selection of merch was amazing!

Leleliz and Psycho Tiki D's motherlode (in foreground)

FI's Lee serving Mai Tais and Navy Grogs out the Ku Bar

Shoppers taking a break to enjoy offerings from the La Pinata taco truck

Others head indoors to enjoy the Virgin Sacrifice

Despite the frenetic pace, the FI staff served one perfectly crafted cocktail after another

Mai Tai's birthday

DJ Samoa Boy kept the revelers entertained during the day

The awesome surf band The Reefriders take the stage after the sale

Go go dancer Chelsea

Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo...Here's to PL Sale VI!!

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2010-10-01 11:41 ]

Thanks Molokai Mike! FI always been berry good to me. 5th year selling. The tikis that didn't sell are now on display at http://www.minniesmodesto.com Come on out sometime. Thanks to Andy, Terry, Mike, and Chad for buying tikis.

Pages: 1 2 56 replies