Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

My personal pina colada recipe

Pages: 1 4 replies

I came up with this recipe after much experimentation!

1.5 ounces coconut rum
1.5 ounces redrum
3 ounces pineapple juice
1 cup crushed ice
1 scoop dreyers coconut sorbet
1 tablespoon Mele-Koi coconut snow

Blend together and pour in your favorite tiki mug.

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera on 2003-05-13 08:14 ]

T

Has anyone besides me had trouble locating Coconut Snow? It seems that as soon as Jeff Berry introduces a new/old ingredient in his books it becomes scarce (i.e. Falernum, Pimento Liqueur, and Lemon Hart 80-proof in the Grog Log). I've been scouring old liquor stores for leftover Coconut Snow since Intoxica came out and just recently found a couple of cans. I think he does it to make finding the ingredients more of a challenge - like finding old tiki mugs. Don't think I'm complaining. I actually enjoy that about his books.

DZ

Unless you're talking about something very particular that I'm not familiar with, my local Ralph's has about a dozen cans or so of the "Mele Koi" brand at any given time. I'd be more than happy to pick up a few cans & send 'em your way if you need 'em!

T

On 2003-05-13 22:48, Doctor Z wrote:
Unless you're talking about something very particular that I'm not familiar with, my local Ralph's has about a dozen cans or so of the "Mele Koi" brand at any given time. I'd be more than happy to pick up a few cans & send 'em your way if you need 'em!

Thanks Doctor, but my 2 cans should last a while. Maybe it's readily available in So Cal but isn't as popular up here so they don't stock it in the markets. We don't have Ralphs.

M

I was tired of my lady, we'd been together too long.

Come on, you know the rest. Everbody now...

If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain

Gentlemen!

*If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.

Ladies now!

I'm the lady you've looked for, write to me, and escape.

midnite :drink:

Pages: 1 4 replies