Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

thor's stage banners oasis! final one #4 marina the fire eating mermaid!!!!

Pages: 1 31 replies

T

Well..I wanted to contribute something to support this event and Otto and the performers at Oasis. So I agreed to do the banners to hang on the stage in the Crowne Plaza for OASIS 10. With the theme being "Extravaganza"...I felt they could hae a slight "side show" feel with a twist of humor and pinch of Tiki. Kinna like making a tropical drink!!

So, I will post a sneak preview of these the next few days before Oasis. The actual banners will be 3' by 8' in high res on vinyl. They are available to buy, going to highest bidder.(starting at a hundred bucks)... They could be signed by myself and the performer if yah ask pretty please perhaps?? These things will be super cool backdrops to the amazing talents we enjoy in our circle...and a great wall decor for your home Tiki hideaway to celebrate the great Tenth Anniversary of Oasis!!!

Anyway, Otto and I discussed it and we agreed posting these sneak previews would be fun. Mini prints of these may be available if there is the demand....signed as well. I painted the art part and performers in a loose sort of style and scanned them, then did the graphics and type digitally. Again...these should look pretty cool when printed and suit the mood.

See you all at Oasis!!!! ~~THOR

OK..Drummmm Rollllllll First of four performers to be immortalized in vinyl and paint...Is MY friend and the most exotically nutty and talented artist a Tikifite could EVER wanna know!!!! CRAZY AL!!!....see entire thread to see all four banners and performers featured as they are posted!!

[ Edited by: Thor's 2010-08-13 07:34 ]

[ Edited by: thor's 2010-08-14 08:02 ]

[ Edited by: THOR's 2010-08-14 14:51 ]

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Aug 12, 2010 6:19 AM

Pretty damn cool, Tom!

Can't wait to have a peek at the remaining three :) G

Insane! This will be the best stage set up yet!

Wow, Tom once again your work hits the AMAZE button!!! Love it man! Hope to meet you this year at Oasis.

Tiki Dirk

Awesome Tom!
What a way to immortalize Al!

Wow! What a great concept! To immortalize the event and some of our more notable ohana with sideshow-like artwork!!! LOVE IT.

T

Hey thanks!! My pleasure....these banners were a fun project. I've been burnt out lastely and seeking things to refresh my head a bit..these did the trick!!! More to come!!

WOAH!
This is fantastic! (I particularly love the details) Love that gorilla- and that one in the straw hat too!
Ultimately, I'm a sucker for Al's "abdominations"

That stage is going to look amazing!
Can't wait to be there!! Ack!
so soon...so soooon...
M

L

Completely love this! I think people would buy prints...

CA

crazy.................

Awesome, Possum!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 12, 2010 10:38 AM

That's so cool & quite funny too!

M

very cool, I especially love that even in a hair hold Crazy Al looks like he's having a great time! fun

HT

Tom-The artwork of Crazy Al and the Gorilla holding the mug and Al is really impressive . It describes Al
perfectly. Always great art work.

T

Thanks!!! Al...glad U find it Crazy too buddy! Stay tuned...

T

Next Performer..... Speaking of a bit of crazyness that goes TOTALLY "KU KU"...the antics that keep us all amused through the rum soaked hours of Oasis enchantment.... "KING KUKULELE" HERE he emerges at the 10th hour from his double Ku'ed "Ku KU" clock to announce the time has come for OASIS TEN!!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 13, 2010 9:10 AM

Ku Ku Clock--that's hilarious. GROG going to have to get Bamboo Ben to build GROG one of those.

[ Edited by: grog 2010-08-15 13:44 ]

TL

OMG I need these prints !!

T

Poised to toss aside her flowers and taunt us with her teasing touches of tatooed talent!!.....TANA the TATTOOED LADY!

T

On 2010-08-12 05:39, THOR's wrote: ... Mini prints of these may be available if there is the demand....

I DEMAND YOU MAKE MINI PRINTS OF THESE!

These are incredible...fantastic work as always, Thor.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 14, 2010 9:16 AM

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Aug 14, 2010 9:22 AM

I would never expect anything less than fabulous from you, Tom.

EXCITING!!OUTRAGEOUS!!DARING!!THE SPECTACLE OF THE MIDWAY!!STEP RIGHT UP, FOLKS!!

T

That's the plan Tabor!! I sent the full resolution scans to Max at Taboo Island and he is making a series of Mini Banner prints for me....we discussed a size of about 6" by 16". I have gotten a lot of e-mail on these so it definitely warrents doing a run of these for Oasis. See you there!! Next one I will post later today...the last of the series....featuring a familiar finned Femme Fatale...here to the West Coast this year.

OH! and greetings Greg!! No that sounds like a roller coaster engineer talkin'! LOL

[ Edited by: THOR's 2010-08-14 09:28 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 14, 2010 9:39 AM

On 2010-08-14 09:25, THOR's wrote:
Next one I will post later today...the last of the series....featuring a familiar finned Femme Fatale...here to the West Coast this year.

GROG?

T

CLOSE Ernie! I would have made you a banner had I known u wore a fin so well on that brawny backside!
But seriously folks!!!... The final banner....PRESENTING, The REAL finned Femme Fetale of flames..who's effortless grace beneith the waves makes even a porpoise look like a dorkis!....MARINA the FIRE EATING MERMAID!!!

[ Edited by: THOR's 2010-08-14 14:49 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 14, 2010 4:32 PM

Absolutely love these banners! Can't wait to see them on stage! Hope I can get my mits on the prints, too!

O
Otto posted on Sun, Aug 15, 2010 11:53 AM

On 2010-08-14 09:16, GROG wrote:

LOL

O
Otto posted on Sun, Aug 15, 2010 11:55 AM

Thor

these are sow aweso..uh, cool!

thanks for donating your time and skills to improve the overall look of the event and to showcase some of the stars of Tiki Oasis
Did you say that prints of these will be available?
I'm sure the performers would sign them too!

T

YES..Prints will be available Thanks Otto!

L

Man these banners were awesome Thor! And it was great to meet you in person. Your work is so ridiculously amazing in person!

Pages: 1 31 replies