Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shecky mugs - Sold out

Pages: 1 2 64 replies

T

I am down with the contest Idea.

Hold off on starting the contest for another week at least. I may have an idea to run past everyone here about the contest. If not for a new tiki central mug then for some other specific contest. Just waiting on more info.
Later
-stuckie

TD

Holy Cow!!!

I've heard of building some suspense but this is taking it to a whole new level. I for one can't wait to hear about the contest ideas.

Well, its no where near to being finalized but we came up with the idea of doing a mug design contest where all proceeds from the mugs sales would go towards an event(talking to otto about it now). The winner of the contest would get, like the past tikicentral contest, some free mugs of their winning design.
I had at first thought this would be a great contest for tiki central but now considering I have no idea as to the details, its going to have to wait.

So.... back to the original idea.

-stuckie

M

On 2003-05-24 17:46, stuckieshaft wrote:
...its going to have to wait.

So.... back to the original idea.

-stuckie

So, the original Idea is to have a contest for a NEW Tiki Central Mug?

Stuckie, why don't you start a new thread with some design requirements and suggestions and we'll submit our designs to the thread when you're ready.

Not to rush you or anything, But I've got a couple ready to post!

Waiting to post the info, have to discuss some things with hanford first.
Hopefully soon we will post the info/requirments.

-stuckie

This is an idea that came up quite a while back, but could well fit in with this scheme.

The concept of taking a mug away on vacation and taking a photograph of it (or in unusual locations/with celebrities etc) seemed to go down well. Unfortunately, it proved difficult to decide on a mug. Shecky was the obvious choice, but proved too precious to risk breakage. That's why I suggest having an edition of tough little mini-Shecky's be made. Much easier to carry, less easily broken, perhaps cheaper to buy - photographing these little guys in unusual places (stop sniggering at the back!) could prove to be a fine vein of creativity for Tiki Centralites.

Don't get me wrong - I'm well up for the next Munktiki/Tiki Central competition......bring it on!
Just thinking aloud that a mini "Travelin' Shecky" could be a great source of fun as well as filling that Shecky-sized hole (Again at the back!! Stop it!) in those who missed out the first time.

Trader Woody

I have Sheckies #10 and #11.

*On 2003-05-24 17:46, stuckieshaft wrote:*all proceeds from the mugs sales would go towards an event

Woah! Just noticed this. This event wouldn't happen to be on the West Coast, would it? And the funding for it comes from Tiki-philes worldwide? Hmmmm, not fair at all.
The West Coast already has bountiful Tiki bars, stores, parties etc etc etc while the rest of the US/World struggles to find Tiki.

Getting non-West-Coasters to subsidise West Coast parties seems a bit like the fat guy scrounging money from the thin guy to pay for more cream for his cake.

Trader Woody

Maybe they could sell enough mugs to buy you a plane ticket! :D

Now that's the kind of benefit I'd throw my weight behind!

Trader Woody

T

I love the travelling Shecky idea. I am going to take a photo of Shecky at a famous Toronto landmark ASAP! Each of us live in enough varied places (well, aside from the aberrant Californian concentration) that we could all submit pics of Shecky in our home towns and still have a very global looking scrapbook.

I will bring my most best Shecky to Hukilau along with my digital camera. No promises but if both make it back to my computer unshattered I will provide a picture of Shecky at the much anticapated Hukilau.

J

I'm actually pretty thrilled with the traveling Shecky idea and hope to get some pictures of our little green friend this weekend (if it stops raining).

However, I do have two Shecky's and was trolling for a trade.

B

[ Edited by: badmojo 2007-03-01 11:02 ]

I missed the Shecky boat, too, which I'm miserable about. Let this be a lesson to you all! Life never, ever gets so crazy that you can afford to not keep up with the posts in the Collecting Tiki thread!

T

I have Shecky #124 and I think he might be traveling to Denver this summer.

Pages: 1 2 64 replies