Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hi Time's Wine Cellars 10th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Sunday, Aug 7, 2016 (On Page 4)

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

Dey also got best drink fo the Tiki Ti punch. Tanks Tiki Ti-It was onolicious!

TT

On 2013-08-26 20:21, Hiphipahula wrote:
Congratulations to Anders & the Tiki-Ti !

^ Yeah, what she said! ^

AF

Well after two weeks, I should be rested enough after this last chili cook-off to try this now...so here goes.

First, I'd like to say thanks to all the folks that came out to the cook-off. Way too many to list, but you know who you are and some of you came from great distances (like Canada) and spent the whole day supporting us and even serving the crowd. Thank you for making the event, the event! I wish I had taken more photos...thanks to everyone who did and put them on Facebook.

Next, there's Tom Grill & his son Daniel, Gil, Anna and Victor who helped set up the booth and decorate, serve, cook, tote hay, make signs, provide cowboy hats, etc., etc...You guys were so great and BTW Tom, Daniel will be cooking this chili soon!

Special thanks to Holden & Tiki Farm for donating the shot mugs which went so fast!

Kim and gang at Deadhead Rum brought their "A Game" and put the booth over the top, resulting in us all getting the best presentation award! Kim, thank you so much donating the booth space & the delicious Deadhead Rum and pouring all the samples!

Mike Sr. & Vickie, Mike Jr. & Mari, Mark and all from the Tiki Ti. Thanks for supporting me and the whole crazy idea back in 2010 through to this year’s effort. Mike, you made another power packed punch and the crowd loved it. So did all the Tiki people!

It never goes without saying, my wife Joan and daughters Allison & Emily served, smiled and enjoyed the event. I couldn't have done it without you. Oh, can't forget Emily's boyfriend Mark who helped truck everything to Costa Mesa. He even found a guy to take the hay off our hands, THANKS!

The chili was pretty good this year and the booth was the coolest. It’s still a little shocking to hear them announce “TIKI TI” three times, but darn it, we were in it to win it. And we did!!

Now it’s time to take time. Time off that is from the Hi Time cook-off in 2014. We’ll do it again in a few years, maybe even Charlie will show up to the next one!

ICS? Hmmmmm...that sounds interesting.

Cheers!

Congratulation to the whole crew. And allow me to extend a laurel and hardy handshake! (I guess that works better said out load).

Kevin

AF

We're back! The Tiki Ti is in it to win it again!

After a two year vacation from the Hi Time Wine Cellars Charity Chili Cook Off, we'll be serving our award winning Chili again out of Booth #34 on Sunday August 7th. We'll also be pouring some of Mike Buhen's outstanding Tiki Punch to the thirsty crowd!

The event which raises money for the Boy's & Girl's Clubs of the Costa Mesa area begins at noon and runs until 5pm. This years theme is Rock 'n' Roll!

Please get information about the 10th Annual Cook Off here: https://www.hitimewine.net/charity-chili-cook-off

Hope to see you there!

AF

We thought hard about the 10th Annual Chili Cook-Off theme which is Rock 'n' Roll. We thought about the Beatles and it seemed like a good fit for our booth presentation this year, so we're going with...

Many of you may not know that besides being a great band leader, Sgt. Pepper is also a world class Chili chef. Sure is. The Beatles even sang about his Chili and it goes like this...

It was 20 years ago today,
Sgt. Pepper made a Chili that may,
be the best that you have ever had,
and it's guaranteed to make you glad,
So may I introduce to you,
The taste you've craved for these years,
Sgt. Pepper's Tiki Ti Club Chili!

Sgt. Pepper is hoping to see many TC people in attendance on August 7th, sampling and voting for his Chili & enjoying Tiki Punch!

See you der Anders,
Good luck!

AF

Here's that famous Sgt. Pepper's Tiki Ti Club Chili album cover!

We were at Hi-Times today to buy some aviation Gin and Green Chartreuse. Bought our tkt.s while there. Won’t save any money but the line to get in is much shorter/quicker than the line to purchase your tkt on the day of the event. Just a heads up to you lucky folks that live nearby.
Cheers

AF

$10 bucks just gets you in the gate and you'll have buy drink tickets ($1 per ticket) to enjoy any alcohol being served inside. Most beverages served at the event including our Tiki Punch are 5 tickets.

So if you are going to be drinking at the cook-off, go with the $20 pre-sale admission. You'll get 20 drink tickets so the admission ends up being free. You also won't have to wait in line to purchase admission, you would go straight to Will-Call and pick up your tickets! Pre-sale tickets can be purchased up to 4pm on August 6th at the store or at https://www.hitimewine.net/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=chili

The local weather forecast for the event this Sunday is sunny & 76 degrees!

Hi Time Wine Cellars 10th Charity Chili Cook-Off
250 Ogle St.
Costa Mesa, CA
(949) 650-8463

[ Edited by: a frame 2016-08-03 16:15 ]

Good luck Team Tiki-Ti!

Kevin

Long line at Willcall 15 minutes before we were let in.

Calm before the storm

About an hour later

A-frame at his post

Good fun, mahalo Anders, Tiki Ti, and of course Hi-Times

Did Sgt. Pepper win??

AF

Yes we did, Grand Champion again!

Hope to fine more photos to post here...

Pages: 1 2 61 replies