Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Pineappleman's Land of Tiki is taking form in the backyard

Pages: 1 11 replies

My goal is to bring back the beach.....in 2008---I had a cool beach going on in the backyard that consisted of over 6,000 pounds of sand....It was put together to throw a beach party

Pics of what the beach used to look like are here......
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=83922186&blogId=432791669

The party was a success...I got a new wife out of the deal....we were married in Maui about a year later.....Then the house was remodeled and the beach destroyed during the construction ---now bringing it back Tiki Style....

Stay tuned........

[ Edited by: Pineappleman11 2010-08-28 15:26 ]

Congrats on the new life and dedication to getting the beach back...I look forward to the pics.

It took awhile but made a lot of progress this weekend

Looking good! I wish my backyard was so nice. Keep us posted on the progress.

DC

Very nice...wish my backyard looked half as good. Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks we had recreated the beach area back in October 2011 --but it was too large of a space.....So now there is just a little bit of beach in front of the Tikis and a Hawaii inspired patio area with black mulch around and tropical looking flowers. We hope to add more color and flower along the way...

looks good! my only coment is that I would use the back seating and make little seating groups, instead of it all circling the main area. I love all the textures and colors, just some pocket seating would be fun

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-04-26 14:08 ]

Congratulations on this, it is very nice. I might suggest adding something outlandish like exotic animals or a nice waterfall.

I wish I had the money for an Exotic Pool with Waterfall.......Hugh Hefner style with a GROTTO......
Alas not so much........

But one can dream.....I could do with the animals though , don't not sh-- all over the place.
Maybe some auto-animatronic birds from the Tiki Room

"Wah.....Welcome one and all to the backyard.......squawk"

P
Polly posted on Wed, May 4, 2011 7:11 PM

I love the tikis!

Thanks ---I wanted some Tikis for a really long time ---but couldn't afford them....
My Uncle had to move to Arkansas and let me have his.....

Thanks ---I wanted some Tikis for a really long time ---but couldn't afford them....
My Uncle had to move to Arkansas and let me have his.....

Pages: 1 11 replies