Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Tiki Bar in North Hollywood?

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

I have not read this post in a while so was unaware of the developments. Just walked by and they told me it's opening 10/22/10. I live within walking distance so pm me you're going.

AC

M
Murph posted on Thu, Oct 21, 2010 2:57 PM

Sounds like fun, who else is in for 10/22?

J

still have yet to go in but on Halloween it was busy as i drove by!

On 2010-10-21 11:39, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
I have not read this post in a while so was unaware of the developments. Just walked by and they told me it's opening 10/22/10. I live within walking distance so pm me you're going.

AC

A new tiki bar!
Excellent!

On 2010-10-11 21:21, leleliz wrote:
The tiki columns holding up the slanted thatch roof inside look killer. Did Al do those?

I got those tikis from Jason at Smokin Tikis.

All the bamboo and thatch I got at Oceanic Arts in Wittier.

Hope Y'all enjoy.

Back to work.

Bamboo Ben .

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2010 7:22 PM

Dropped in on Saturday night on GROG way home. They had a good-sized crowd, maybe 45 or so when GROG first arrive., and about 35 when GROG left (and no, GROG didn't scare away the ones that had left). Had a Mai Tai, it was good--only $5. They had a DJ playing, 2 bartenders and a barback, and a waitress going around to the booths. The bar looked great all finished. Good job B-Ben.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-11-08 19:24 ]

So who is behind the place?
I knew that Ben would do the place proud, but no one has mentioned the "Big Boss"?
what kind of music is being played?

will the L.A. tribe split their time between the Tong Hut & the Tiki-No?
Is "Green" the new "Black"?

MAhalos GROG. All I did was the canvas on this one. Not sure what they have done with all the fixins. Saw the clock shelf. Awesome! They do have some crazy ass T.V.s for behind the bar. Not sure if they made the cut. I won't be able to check it out all done till Feb( Got a few more in the works). More pics people!

M
Murph posted on Tue, Nov 9, 2010 1:53 PM

Ben the place looks great! Excellent work!
They've got the cool Predicta TVs up on each side of the bar.
Really nice touch.
http://www.predicta.com/index.shtml

Pages: 1 2 57 replies