Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Gratuitous plug for our (tiki) game

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

Okay, it's actually a WW2 flight combat game. I slipped "tiki" in there so Hanford or PolyPop won't catch me posting this here. But isn't WW2 where the whole polynesian pop movement sprang from?

Anyway, the video game I'm working on was formally announced a few weeks ago and lots of press is starting to pop up about it. It's called "Secret Weapons Over Normandy" and is being published by Lucasarts for the PS2, Xbox & PC. You can see some screen shots and trailers here:

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/normandy/

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sim/secretweaponsovernormandy/screenindex.html

Actually, there IS a real tiki connection: I'm primarily the "cutscene" artist and I've hidden a number of tikis in the cutscenes throughout the game. Perhaps I'll have a special prize for anyone that can spot them all. We're shooting for a Christmas release this year, and if you're into WW2 flight action games, check it out.

Oh, and we'll showing a playable demo in the Sony booth if anyone's going to E3 this week.

Tiki-bot wrote:
Actually, there IS a real tiki connection: ...I've hidden a number of tikis in the cutscenes throughout the game. Perhaps I'll have a special prize for anyone that can spot them all.

Tiki-bot~

Is this one or is it a coincidence? (see circled area)

T

Hmmmm, even I didn't catch that one, but that's actually a screen-grab from the playable part of the game (not my work). Looks suspiciously like "programmer art" done by one of our artistically-challenged programmers.

Cool looking game Tiki-bot! But where would you hide the tikis? Looks like it mostly takes place in the air....

Hey Tangaroa, good to hear from you. I do the cinematic cutscenes as opposed to the playable combat part of the game, so that's where the tikis are hidden. Game sites like Gamespot don't usually post cutscene images cuz gamers prefer to see what the actual gameplay parts will look like.

My movies are a mix of photos I shot, NARA archival images (a lot of them with friends' and coworkers' faces replaced onto the pilots heads) and 2d and 3d animation of planes, effects and whatnot. It's been a lot of fun and is the most "broadcast-y" animation I've ever done, very documentary-ish.

Anyway, don't tell anyone I posted this, but this is just a small area of a large horizontal image of some dignitaries. It gives you an idea of how the tikis appear. There's a lot of shots of pilots in ready-rooms, looking at maps, etc. that are easy to place tikis into. I try to keep them in the "light" photos only, though, and not include them with any Nazis or violent images. :)

Pages: 1 4 replies