Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Humble beginings

Pages: 1 8 replies

BA

Hello to all,

I hope what I am trying to accomplish here is not considered blasphemy. My summer home in the Hamptons is my Tiki/Beach getaway.

I have been trying to merge Tiki elements along with a beachy type of feel.

When friends stay over they say they feel they are away on vacation. That's a great compliment to me.

Here are some pictures of my summer getaway home on Long Island NY. The bar is in the basement 'manctuary'. I will take more of the rest of the room. It has Tiki elements mixed in with beach themes such as surfboards etc.

The yard is really cool and I am trying to get a bit of a Tiki vibe to it. I will take more detailed pics next time I get out in a couple of weeks.

Again, not all Tiki, but more to come.

Bobby A

Aloha Bobby,

Really nice tiki vibe inside and out. What a great yard space. I like your signposts, among other cool stuff you're putting together. I'm in the middle of making one for my tiki bar habitat. Keep up the good work!

Bobby, I love the smiles of people enjoying your tiki space. Ohana is what it is all about :)

B
Bau posted on Sat, Sep 25, 2010 4:26 PM

On 2010-09-21 13:03, Bobby A wrote:

I love the 'hair'! lol

ther nice touches too like the stone pedestal and torches. nice bar as well, your space is open to many future posibilities :)

Home depot has some LED tiki torches for about 10 bucks each. They have the bamboo wave which is usually kind of coming apart... if you ask they will usually discount these bad boys a few bucks. They would look killer in your space inside and out! Keep up the good work!

S

it's great to see TiKis in the Hamptons!

Looks great. It is a beginner's approach, but there is nothing wrong with that. If you keep researching this website you will be able to refine your style and have a ball learning about tiki style. By the way, tiki and beachcomber style always look good together so you don't worry about that.

Speaks FUN to me. I especially love the Moai on the rock pedestal and the hair/plant. Nice job!!!

BA

Thanks,

I appreciate the feedback. I have made some changes since last summer and plan on a few more this Spring.

I picked up a few new surfboards and have been thinking about making a table from one or just displaying it against one of the trees near the bar.

I have installed a great outdoor sound system and had outdoor outlets strategically placed in order to run blenders etc.

In the basement, the bar is always being updated. I am finding that you never can sit still when trying to create a certain vibe. Its a matter of always updating and keeping things fresh.

On my list are more Tiki items such as mugs and hanging lamps.

I know neon is so not Tiki but a dear friend got me that sign and it means a lot to me and I like it.

I will take more detailed pics of the basement Tiki setup soon as well as more of the outdoor setup as soon as Spring time arrives.

I look forward to sharing them with you.

Bobby A

PS The fish with the sunglasses and the sun on the tree along with the signs were made by me. Plywood, jigsaw, craft paint and sealer.

The palm tree railings were made by a local artist here in the Hamptons. Each one is a one of a kind original. I love them but you don't want to know what they costs! Here is his website http://visionsinsteel.us/

[ Edited by: Bobby A 2010-11-10 06:19 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies