Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

MaiKai LOGO Contest

Pages: 1 22 replies

B

Hope you can see this. The MAI-KAI is looking for a new Logo for their gift shop items.
For more info contact Pia at [email protected]

Z

OOOOOOOOOOOOH! Opportunity!
BUMP

S

The deadline has been extended to Nov. 19 (flier below).

A little more background: The design will be used mainly for T-shirts, other clothing, stickers, possibly posters. They're looking to create merchandise that appeals to a "younger crowd" but that still evokes the classic Mai-Kai image.

fun!

Did anyone else enter this?

P

no, they didn't want to compete with you and your lucky proximity to the mai-kai. oh, that and your mad logo skilz.

As Tom knows, I entered a couple of designs. Hope to see the winners announced soon!

Winners will be announced tomorrow at the Mai Kai during a reception for all who entered. I will be there as well at Tom (Aloha Station)...anyone else?

On 2010-12-27 17:07, zerostreet wrote:
...anyone else?

We've got a gang of about a dozen or so that will be joining tonight.

Well, unfortunately my designs did not make the final cut. The winning designs were beautiful though! Here are the two I submitted:

Congrats to the winners!

Tiki Tower
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2010-12-28 18:37 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2010-12-29 09:02 ]

S

So Mookie won?

T

ZeroStreet, your stuff is remarkable. I don't think I could have beat you. Only thing, that first pic looks like the Mai Kai is on Fire. Maybe it is!

On 2010-12-29 08:03, teaKEY wrote:
ZeroStreet, your stuff is remarkable. I don't think I could have beat you. Only thing, that first pic looks like the Mai Kai is on Fire. Maybe it is!

Thanks teaKey! Ha! You're right about what that fire may look like! Never thought of that! I always wanted to rework that one a bit but didn't have the time.

Could someone post a pic of the winning logo?

Here is my submission:

Mookie did a great job as well as the other 2 winners. I believe they will be posting all of the entries on their facebook page. The party was fun. Even though only 3 participating artists showed up (and none of us won) the place was packed. Here are mine...

T

On 2010-12-29 12:58, Tahitiki wrote:
Here is my submission:

LOve it!!

Great entries all three of you. Tom, I didn't know you had mad graphic skilz! ~ the wahine rocks :D

S

Here are Mookie's winning entries.

And my 2 favorites of his entries:

T

love the first one, very cool and elegant at the same time.

M

According to the Mai Kai's twitter page, the gift shop just got the first shipment of new logo t-shirts.

Pic here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7667527&id=120536722639#!/photo.php?pid=7667527&id=120536722639&fbid=10150134255112640

A perfect design, Wendy

Pages: 1 22 replies