Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Custom Tiki Glassware?

Pages: 1 13 replies

J

I'm thinking of throwing a surprise party/luau for my wife's birthday in mid-December. I've done a few surprise parties for her and one of the things which our guests always comment delightedly about are the goodie bags I assemble for the party.

This year, I was thinking of custom Tiki glassware. Either something along the lines of a widemouth double old-fashioned or a pint-sized mixing glass. In either event, I'd put some sort of cute Tiki-ish logo, and a series of ounce measurements, along with recipes all along the outside.

So.

The question is: Do any of you lovely TCers have any suggestions of companies that do this? I'm willing to trade away speedy for inexpensive, but not at the cost of decent customer service. Also, would be cool to get custom swizzle sticks.

Thoughts?

Mahalo in advance!

L

I know that Humuhumu had custom glassware made for her home bar. You may want to shoot her a message to find out where she had this done.

The FOM and the Rum-Rhum Room have recently used Royer (who was an Ohana sponsor) for double old fashioned glasses. Here is the contact info (courtesy of Princess Pupule):

Traci Ames
Royer Corp
[email protected]
800.457.8997 x207

I just sent an inquiry today about custom double olds myself.

J

My "Plan B" is to get these:

http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_403060 (works out to +/-$115 for a case)

Which are the mugs used at Disney's Polynesian Resort, and then etch them myself (across the "forehead" just like Walt Disney World used to) with this kit:

http://www.glass-etching-kits.com/glass_etching_instructions.htm

...if the custom places require a minimum order that's outside the scope I have in mind.

So far, the custom swizzle stick thing is looking undoable due to the minimum volume of the order. Not really sure we want to give ONE THOUSAND swizzle sticks per guest. :)

a short-run option is Discount mugs.

http://www.discountmugs.com

I've used them for a few events: they're reliably very good quality imprints, and they also stock a single old fashioned, which is quite nice to have.

If you do decide to go with them, be very clear on how you want our artwork. PM me if you decide to use them and think you'll need help.

Otherwise, your etching idea sounds really nice. FYI, etching can be a bit tedious. :wink:

Cheers,
Gina

J

Just following up on this after a while to say the Discount Mugs route was easy and painless. I'll be getting some old Corona bottles to practice my etching...and we'll see how that goes.

Look forward to your etching so post pictures. Best of luck to you.

I will second Matt's suggestion about Royers to anyone here. I really liked the glasses I had done for my lounge.

wow... vampiressrn very cool glassware for your home tiki bar thats taking it to an new level. I may have to design a logo for my bar.

A whole group of the Sacramento Ohana came up with logos for our home lounges and had glasses made. Some really cool barware was the outcome and Matt coordinated it all for us. I am ready to do beer glasses for my garage turned pub (a project for the future). I had a general idea of what I wanted and posted here on TC, got help from several folks, big shout out to Jason Wickedly (he has his own printing business) who helped with the final. It was FUN!!! Go for it.

Another option is to buy vinyl stickers by Shag or someone else and add them to a plain glass. I've done this to spice up the boring pint glass I had with my Boston shaker and it worked very well.

Vampiress, great looking Glassware. I am going to contact them about doing some DOF's for me. Any tips?

They charge for number of colors so I stuck with 2 and used a bold print. We sent Matt our logo jpgs and he coordinated it all. The more glasses we ordered the lower the price was. The quality of the glass is impressive, it is heavy with a substantial base and feels quite comfy when drinking from it. I have given out many of mine on crawls. Certainly worth the investment. The company does swizzles too, so I am hoping to get some of them in the future too. It's fun and I am glad I did it...ready to take the plunge again. :wink:

T

Let me know when you are ready to reorder. Maybe I can piggyback my order to yours and we can save a few bucks. I would also like to order some sizzles.

Hats off to Duane & Diana drinking Mai Tais on their deck from my lounge glasses. CHEERS

Pages: 1 13 replies