Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

thor..introduces..special edition affordable shrunken head series!! in time for halloween!!!!

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

ALOHA ALL!!!

I have been cooking up a LOT of new things....ALL that are going to be exciting contributions for the coming year. As you all know...I have gotten pretty well known for creating what most of you would agree are about the most realistic and quality made "Shrunken Head" replicas available....ANYWHERE! It's my side hobby to make these...and I have heard countless stories from those owning my high end Museum quality heads that they soon become a feature of their Tiki bars, home libraries or special spots in homes where a touch of classic exotic tribal mystery and conversation pieces are well apreciated.

One thing I have wanted to address is the need for a less intricate and labor intensive head that I can create to sell for around a hundred bucks as an option...as apposed to the ones I have been selling for three hundred and up. So, just in time for Halloween 2011...I spent some time doing very high quality, detailed sculpts that could be made into smaller, yet highly impacting resin cast replicas. I came up with two types. First below is head with high detail that is about the size of a golf ball. It can be worn as a pendant or hung from a rear view mirror or any creative aplication you can come up with for this "Tsantsa wee man". It has hand made rustic beads, a tail of synthetic hair and oxidation rub that brings out the fine facial detail and sets off the sheen of the wavy dark hair.

Second below is the "afordable" high quality shrunken head replica. The face has tremendous detail...which i sculpted to depict the look of the real thing..made to look like the ebony "smoke cured" and soot rubbed heads, classic of Jivaro and other head preserving methods of the Amazon. Patina is a pale blue green or in some, a more ocher powdery look, mimicking the authentic heads seen in displays around the world. Skin is charcoal cured look...one of the common styles of the tribal art of desiccating human heads for a savage trophy. This is cast urethane, special patina rub, synthetic hair and real hemp with wood lip spikes. Very detailed...about 6"high. This looks AMAZING when hung in a glass dome or display case...and is Super cool in a home tiki bar. I guarantee you will not find a better made, more detailed, quality reproduction for this price. For now, I am offering them at what I call a "headhunters fair trade"....I give you the shrunken head for one of Ben Franklin's! (plus shipping if mailed). I cannot garantee this price After Halloween....but until then, my deal is solid.

You will be able to get these heads though me or one of my authorized fellow headhunters that advertise availability on their sites to come. I should also have a bunch of both these types aailable at the Tonga Hut Halloween Sale this Month. Anyway....here is a sneak preview of the heads...I plan to make a few hundred or so of each before retiring the series..I will let all know when that number is definite.

My intension in this series was to create a few new price points in this economy that allowed a broader collector base and affordability. These pieces are still very well made, hand crafted by me from original sculpt to molds and final touches...highly detailed and will provide MANY years of entertainment and enjoyment. I will still make my highest end, museum quality heads when time allows or with special orders. Come see me in Hawaii this Holiday season..there will be a big event and signing with US Military and a special painting I am releasing for the event I am planning with them.

Also releasing this Holiday season are a new line of Thor products licensed through well known Hawaii Publishers, Island Heritage. There will be everything from mugs, calandars, greeting cards and more with lot's of my images on shelves in the Airpots, ABC stores and more.

Best to all...and Aloha! ~~THOR

Pendant/Mini-Hanging Heads $30.00 With Signed Cert. of Authenticity

"Affordable Shrunken Head Replica" Special Edition series with Signed Cert. of Auth.

HT

Great job Tom, now i can have a friend for the other shrunken head

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Oct 18, 2010 4:06 PM

Beautiful Tom -

I've been waiting patiently for the Thor Shrunken Heads to make a comeback on the scene. Rock-On!! G

I collect replicas, and think one of these would be a great addition to my group.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfrankenstein/5094829488/sizes/l/in/photostream/

L

Wow the detail on these are as good as on the larger ones.

Pretty impressive!

I envision a Christmas tree covered in them :)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 10:41 AM

These look great! GROG looking forward to seeing these in person at the Tonga Hut Halloween art show.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=37615&forum=17&start=0

T

You got it Grogster!! ..Best part is there is one waiting for you as a late Birthday Present from Thor!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 11:43 AM

Woohoo!!

T

I am going to try to kick out a groupmore skull and heads on velvet too, Ernie. So, should have a haunting selection.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Oct 20, 2010 7:23 PM

Woohoo X2!

Those are great!!!

Hey people if you don't have a shrunken head from Thor you are sadly missing a fabulous piece of art. I originally had mine (Headly) in my Tiki Lounge but was forced to move it as one of my friends (yes, that would be you Corona Contessa) made me move it as it was hexing her card playing skills...what a frikken wimp, you know my card skills are far superior than yours!!! OK...so Headly is now in my master bath and enjoys the other heads that are in that room.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26980&forum=18

Sleek, sharp, slick - everything we always expect from your talented mind & hands.

T

Robb! I was thinking of yah this week... knocking out some skulls on elvet for halloween... You gotta come out this way one day!

T

Here are three of the nine black velets I am bringing to Tonga Hut ....sneak peak...see Cali events thread!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=37615&forum=17&start=90

On 2010-10-18 22:51, leleliz wrote:
Wow the detail on these are as good as on the larger ones.

Pretty impressive!

I envision a Christmas tree covered in them :)

If I saw a Christmas covered with those, I would pour my drink on it and light it on fire.

Craig the Keg

Pages: 1 14 replies