Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Saturday............

Pages: 1 21 replies

In the park..................................

I think it was the fourth of July...

Ok, Rev. Both of your "burned in my brain till its bleeding song threads" have started with Chicago tunes. For the love of all that is decent and good...PLEASE...no more Chicago! It's killing me! :P Just funnin'

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-18 18:47 ]

M

25...or six...two, four?

Who let the dogs out?

midnite

snip

Apologies to Ben & Dawn for the "pixies" post - just an old lyric, but I realised it could have been taken the wrong way.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2003-05-19 01:50 ]

Who are the Pixies?

RevB here's some Pixies

No offense to those Chicago lovers out there. :wink: :music:If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me :music:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-18 23:23 ]

Sorry, that one was rather obscure!

That was from a local punk band called "Two Rights". The singer used to shout it surprisingly often. Not sure why!

Trader Woody

o.k., screw Saturday night! I'll start a new one..................

S

On 2003-05-18 22:00, RevBambooBen wrote:
Who are the Pixies?

:music: This monkey's gone to heaven! :music:

Aloha,

STEN

Show Me The Moai!

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-05-21 18:53 ]

is that the "I wanna live in Los Angeles" dude?? That was a cool song! (Frank Black right?)

H

TAAAAAAAAAAAMME

There you go RevB...I have seen Frank Black and the Catholics play several times at The Coachouse, his guitar player Rich Gilbert is one bad ass guitar player, Rich is an experience all by himself.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-21 23:21 ]

The real 'plus side' of the Pixies split was, of course, the creation of The Breeders.
A damn fine band!
When Frank started to edge Kim Deal out of the songwriting, the quality suffered. Still, that's one band I'd really love to see get back together for a last blast.

Trader Woody

Do they sing any Chicago tunes?

Sorry BB, I guess I'm just destined to ruin this thread...

gulp

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2003-05-22 15:52 ]

S

On 2003-05-21 21:25, RevBambooBen wrote:
is that the "I wanna live in Los Angeles" dude?? That was a cool song! (Frank Black right?)

I especially like the hard "g" he sang on that song "Los AnG-lez!" But he was much better in the Pixies when he was known as "Black Francis." Does anyone know why he changed his name? Anyhoo, their best album was their first -- the one with GIGANTIC and Bone Machine.

:music:
You're bone's got a little machine...YOU'RE THE BONE MACHINE!!! :music:

Ahh, good times!

Oh yeah, we were talking about Chicago...

here's one:

"Only the beginning
of what I want to feel forever..."

any local OC going to see Greg Ginn at the Liqued Den (old Ladkas Golden Glove)tonight? I wanted to go go real bad but, 4 hrs of sleep, mega hours of tiki bar building and 8(teen) beers later, I think not! Bummer!I heard there is going to be a Black Flag reunion!! Score!!! And, B.K., we finally got our Cramps show!!!! Yee-Ha!! She said........
oooooooooooooooooooooooo, it feels soooo good!

S

Liquid Den! I used to live right across the street. Do they still have the bikini lunch?

On 2003-05-22 01:53, Trader Woody wrote:
The real 'plus side' of the Pixies split was, of course, the creation of The Breeders.
A damn fine band!
When Frank started to edge Kim Deal out of the songwriting, the quality suffered.

Frank went to my high school!

--cindy

On 2003-05-27 23:54, cynfulcynner wrote:
Frank went to my high school!

I guess he ate a few too many pies after graduation!

Trader Woody

Old daze, good times I remember
Fun daze, filled with simple pleasures
drive-in movies
comic books n blue jeans
Howdy doody
baseball cards & birthdaze
take me back
to a world far away
memories
seems like yesterday

Pages: 1 21 replies