Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

First Ever Smuggler's Cove Mug Release Party! Nov. 7th 5pm

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

We are super excited to announce our first mug release party, featuring an original design from our own Tiki Kaimuki (www.tikikaimuki.com). This extremely limited edition signed and numbered mug is exclusive to Smuggler’s Cove- each piece is made start to finish by hand in a variety of glazes. The design is classic Kaimuki, a unique coconut skull with Smuggler’s Cove branded on the back - check it out! Truly an instant collector’s item- the final edition will be less than 25 mugs! We open at 5pm as normal- please note that the mug numbers will be randomized. One mug per person, no saving places in the line. No shipping, no holding. Just come on down! I'm not even letting my staff buy them in advance. Priced at $79, each mug purchased also includes one cocktail- a signature drink designed just for this mug. (We didn't finalize a name for the drink yet, but I'm calling it "Falinum" :)) Don’t miss this special event!

R

this is a really nice looking mug. congratulations...

Very cool mug!
clever and cute!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 4, 2010 10:46 AM

Congrats on the new mug.

Hey there Ron, LLT, and Grog! Mahalo for your kind comments. The kiln should be cooling down about now and I am hoping for the best when lifting that lid later.

It's going to be a fun day at the Cove. Seems like there might be some
sprinkles, so bring an umbrella if you plan on standing in line.

Martin's "Falinum" drink is REALLY tasty and I am looking forward to having another one this Sunday. The recipe will be included with this special edition and with the regular edition so that all may enjoy.

Come on out for a drink this Sunday at Smuggler's Cove!

All mugs made it out safely. There will be 23 available for purchase and they will be randomly numbered. Anyone in line who braves the rain will have a chance to get #1(if that matters to you). Should be a darn good time!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 7, 2010 2:23 PM

Yay, glad all the mugs made it through the firing. Good luck.

R

Great looking mug! Sorry I couldn't make it down to the Cove today for the celebration.

Thanks to Smuggler's Cove and Tiki Kaimuki for a great event. I was happy to brave the rain for such a beautiful mug. I scored #5 of 26! It's truly a one-of-a-kind piece of art. And the Falinum cocktail should have a permanent place on the menu!

Mahalo to Paulynesia and all of the great folks who braved the rain and the impending work
week to come out to Smuggler's Cove.

Also a big mahalo to the hard working Cove staff and of course to Martin and Rebecca
who have always been very supportive of the work I do. It is very MUCH appreciated!

Pic added of two guys and the hand stenciled mug boxes.

http://www.tikikaimuki.com

[ Edited by: tiki kaimuki 2010-11-14 13:10 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies