Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central Outage: If you posted this morning, it might not be on the site anymore

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hi All,

Today we had some database problems, and as a result, Tiki Central was accidentally rolled back to a copy of the database from 3 months ago!

As soon as I found out about it, I shut down TC to figure out what was going on. But I believe the backup was running for about an hour.

During that time, if you posted, you were posting to the 3 month old backup. Which means, when Tiki Central was restored to the current version, the posts that were made to the backup went away.

It is VERY difficult, time consuming, and error prone to merge two different versions together. And since we've only lost about an hour's worth of posts, I'm not going to attempt it. It's too risky, and will keep Tiki Central down even longer.

IF AN IMPORTANT POST YOU WROTE IS NOW MISSING:

If you wrote something long, thoughtful, researched, and put a lot of effort into a post that was posted this morning and is now gone, PM me with the name of the post (or the topic it was posted to if it was a reply) and I'll go through my email archives and send it to you. Note: it won't have edits; just the original post.

(I have Tiki Central posts emailed to me)

Sorry for the problems!

~Hanford

PS: A big thanks goes out to Humuhumu's husband Rich, who tracked down what was wrong and got us up and running again. If he hadn't done what he did ... we might have been stuck with missing 3 months worth of Tiki Central posts permanently (as our web host asserted was the case). When you lift your Mai Tai glass tonight, give a toast to Rich!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2010-11-20 16:58 ]

J

It was the Curse of Kona !!

J

Rich = Watubi. :)

Thank you !!

I work hard on my content. I would have been bummed to have lost it.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-11-20 18:51 ]

CL

Thanks Hanford and Rich!! I did all my drinking last night but will raise a virtual glass to the two of you. Cheers! :)

Mahalo Rich!

MT

Can I get a big Huzzah for Trott??? Hip Hip - Huzzah!!!

Cursed server!!! Shout out to everyone that saved the day. THANX

Thanks and cheers!

Pages: 1 7 replies