Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Help me drink large amounts of Angostura rum

Pages: 1 5 replies

My sister-in-law just got a new job working for Angostura Rum. This means that she now has large quantities of rum and bitters lying around the house. And I'm pretty sure that I will be called on to mix the drinks when I go to stay over Christmas.

The thing is, I don't find that many recipes in the Beachbum Berry books for specifically Angostura or Trinidad rum. So I'm hoping that one of you good people would be able to share such recipes, point me in the direction of a good source, or suggest recipes in which I could successfully use Angostura as a substitute.

Many thanks for any and all help!

A

Angostura lists recipes on its web site that you may want to try:

http://www.angostura.com/Recipes/tabid/97/Default.aspx

S

I assume you are talking about both the 1919 and the 1824. Either one makes a good rum old-fashioned.

Yeah, and the white, and the 5 and 7 year olds!

This is the picture they sent me:

I imagine I can use the white in anything that mentions simply 'white rum', but I understand that it's not dry enough to be substituted for Puerto Rican white - which seems to be by far and away the most commonly used white rum in tiki drinks.

How about the older vintages? Would they be a good sub for (say) Jamaican or Barbados rum?

Anyway thanks to both of you for your help! :)

A mix of the 1919 and 1824 makes a good Mai Tai

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give that a try!

Pages: 1 5 replies