Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Punch recipe from Tiki Oasis 10?

Pages: 1 12 replies

C

I was at the punch symposium at Tiki Oasis but was too busy enjoying myself to write down the recipe for the wonderful stuff we were making/drinking. I am putting on a holiday party next weekend and would love to fill my punch bowl with it. I figure I need to make about 12-15 servings to put in my crystal bowl. Can anyone help me here?

thanks in advance

that's me second straw from the left. too busy to take notes.

Straight from Trader Tiki's blog:

http://www.tradertiki.com/tiki-oasis-10th-anniversary-punch/

I've made it myself on multiple occasions (and will be making some again tonight in fact) since Tiki Oasis and it's just as good as I remembered. I haven't used the Rhum JM VSOP yet, but I've found St. James Hors D'age to be a very acceptable substitute. :)

Here it is on a much much much smaller scale:

kevin

C

thank you so much!

Of course those are two of the Trader Tiki syrups I didn't buy at T.O. LOL

You're welcome. :)

I've substituted 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 oz of simple syrup for the 1 oz vanilla syrup before. It's not an exact match, but it at least hits the right notes. As for the cinnamon, I don't really know of any really quick substitutes unfortunately.

kevin

V
virani posted on Tue, Dec 7, 2010 8:02 AM

Make it yourself, the recipe for the cinnamon sirup is in the Beachbum Berry's latest book, and it's really easy to do.

Totally agree (now I do anyway :P), virani!

I made my first homemade batch of cinnamon syrup on Sunday and was very pleased with the results. It took the cinnamon flavor down a notch where it was still noticeable but not overpowering. I haven't made this punch with it yet (is it Friday yet?) but the Jet Pilot I mixed was the best one I'd had in my home bar.

kevin

V

My question is : how do you mix the punch when it's a very large one ?
You can't blend the ingredients, so do you just stir the mixture ?

I'm asking as in this punch there's a lot of syrups, so usually, it needs shaking or blending...

C

A immersion blender is your friend in this instance :)

V

Really ? Is that what Martin used ?

yep if my memory serves me right he used one in the big volcano

He absolutely did. My memory doesn't get hazy until a couple hours after that. :)

kevin

M

oui, monsieur - handheld immersion blender, and a giant whisk. (if my memory serves right! :) )

V

Merci ! I did it this week end, very successfull !

Pages: 1 12 replies