Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help me identify the owner of this war club. Part 1.

Pages: 1 2 replies

TD

So I'm sailing 'round the world solo and I'm somewhere in the South Pacific when a sudden squall swamps my sailboat and in a panic before my boat goes under all I have time to grab was a compass and a protractor and a case of vodka (Grey Goose). After spending fifteen days floating in the water (I drank half the vodka to survive and used the empty bottles as flotation devices) I was lucky enough to wash ashore on a tiny atoll. Imagine a big expanse of blue water, a mound of sand and one palm tree. Well no sooner had I shaken a coconut loose from the tree when a local fellow jumped out from behind the tree. He was dressed in full war paint and little else. Before he could cut me to pieces with the huge war club he carried I offered him a coconut full of coconut milk and vodka. After 6 or 8 coconuts each we had become good friends. Using a bottle top we fashioned a canoe from the tree. soon we were under way. After another week at sea we reached the mainland. He gave me his club as a parting gift. I can't return it to him because I can't figure out where the club came from. Please help.

UT

Aloha and welcome to TC Donz. Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. If it were me and a case of rum on that island I would have stayed a while. The club is a very cool gift indeed. I'm not sure of the origin of the carving but many folks here have allot of knowledge on just that area and are sure to give you an answer. Welcome aboard again and enjoy the ride.

NO

Hi Tiki Donz,
The club pictured is from the Solomon Islands. Let me know if you ever decide to part with it.

Best regards,
Nifo Oti

Pages: 1 2 replies