Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

A Request Here For Stuff In Locating Tiki

Pages: 1 6 replies

I Would like it if a person found something Tiki (or otherwise) from a particular location (mug, postcard, matchbook, video, etc) that you add it to the post for that location in the "Locating Tiki" thread. I don't always have time to check all the threads but I think it would be great if a person looked at a particular long lost place in Locating Tiki, they could see all the stuff related to it there. One could post their stuff in Tiki Finds or General Tiki but could also add it in Locating Tiki. I will try to do this in any future posts.

YA! And I want a winning lottery ticket, while you're at it! :)

Makes sense.
Should have been that way all along, "Search" is getting crowded.

W

Anyone can add someone else's image from Collecting to an existing thread in Locating.*****

Since it's unlikely most people who post a Kahunaville mug find (to use a horrible example) in Collecting will think to add it to a Kahunaville thread in Locating it'd be useful if anyone else who makes the connection between an item in Collecting made a post in the appropriate thread in Locating.

Here's a good rainy afternoon/avoiding doing something else activity: Pick a favorite Tiki joint and see if all the available images on Tiki Central relating to it have been posted in the joint's Locating thread.

*****Just in case someone's unfamiliar with this: All you do is hit the "Quote" button on the bottom of a post and copy the image link from the "quote" then paste it in a new post.

Good suggestion bongofury... I've been trying to do this for the TV's Oakland and Cosmo Place threads. I think it's also nice to give credit to the original poster if you are re-posting their find.

Trad'r Bill

On 2010-12-11 07:47, woofmutt wrote:
*****Just in case someone's unfamiliar with this: All you do is hit the "Quote" button on the bottom of a post and copy the image link from the "quote" then paste it in a new post.

Thanks woofmutt - I'm such a dork, I've been downloading the pics from other posts, and re-uploading them (which takes up double the storage!) oooops

-Trad'r Bill

W

"I think it's also nice to give credit to the original poster if you are re-posting their find." -Trad'r Bill-

Definitely. I like to include a link to the original post as well.

Re-posting images, crediting the source, and adding links to other threads takes a little effort but they're the sort of things that keeps Tiki Central useful for the urban archaeologist and hobby historian.

Pages: 1 6 replies