Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Licor 43 and Grogalizer

Pages: 1 7 replies

I keep hearing Licor 43 mentioned on this board, but I note it isn't an available ingredient in the Grogalizer. Is it true that this Licor isn't used in a single recipe from The Bum? If so, why do I keep seeing it mentioned as a potential drink ingredient?

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2010-12-12 08:12 ]

R

The Grogalizer does not actually list all of the drinks in remixed. Many of the new drinks are not listed. I had a brief chat with Swanky about this (when I discovered one of my faves, the Kon-Tini was not listed) and he had stated that there are too many drinks with one-off or two-off ingredients. If he included all of those the "my bar" section would explode in size. (Which I do agree with, imagine including all of the ingredients for a Mai Tai 3000 for example.)

Given a choice I'd prefer he add them on a separate tab ("The Exotics") but I understand why he doesn't.

Actually Licor 43 IS listed in the Grogalizer. It is listed as Cuarenta Y Tres liqueur.

It's a required ingredient for the drink "Beachbum's Own".

Thanks, I never would have spotted that.

Licor 43 is a spanish licor made with 43 spices (most dominant vanilla) - it´s sweet as hell so reduce on syrups in drinks with it

Holiday Orange Punch (my personal christmas creation)

Fill a 200 ml cup with:

1 cl honey mix
1 cl cinnamon syrup
1 cl allspice syrup
1 cl Licor 43
3-4 cl El Dorado 8 year or simmilar demerara rum
Add 2 dashes of chocolate mole bitters
Top with HOT orange juice (the fresher the better - use a cheap product and suffer the consequences)

S

So, maybe I should rename it to make it more clear...

It's also in Basement Kahuna's version of the Black Magic and maybe others...

On 2010-12-13 08:40, Swanky wrote:
So, maybe I should rename it to make it more clear...

It's also in Basement Kahuna's version of the Black Magic and maybe others...

Maybe rename it as "Cuarenta Y Tres liqueur / Licor 43" or vice versa.

S

On 2010-12-12 10:08, Hakalugi wrote:
Actually Licor 43 IS listed in the Grogalizer. It is listed as Cuarenta Y Tres liqueur.

It's a required ingredient for the drink "Beachbum's Own".

I personally love the "Beachbum's Own". Fantastic drink worth getting Licor 43 just for that.

Pages: 1 7 replies