Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Tiki Central Coloring Contest?

Pages: 1 15 replies

W

Y'know what'd be great? A coloring contest here on Tiki Central.

And the below image created by GROG and posted in his Gallery thread would be a good picture to color for the contest as it's already in black and white and it's probably the most Tiki image we could find.*****

The coloring contest prize? WIN DATE WITH GROG!!!

The winner would be responsible for all transportation fees to and from DATE WITH GROG, would be required to purchase drinks for the him/herself and GROG and would be responsible for paying for one meal for him/herself and GROG. (The meal must include either dessert at the restaurant or a trip to a bakery or ice cream parlor.) The winner would have the opportunity to pay for entertainment (such as bowling or tickets to a movie/show/Ice Capades) for him/herself and GROG but only if GROG was interested.

As I see it this is a win-win situation for anyone entering the contest and for GROG. Contest entrants would get an opportunity to show off their coloring skills (all mediums would be allowed), the winner would get a chance to spend one-on-one time with a talented artist and GROG would get a free meal (with drinks and dessert) and maybe even a trip to the Ice Capades (which he loves).

There'd also be an added element of fun in that GROG's computer is supposedly broke down at the moment so we could run the coloring contest as a complete surprise to GROG.

As always, your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated and largely ignored.

*****A little controversy and freaking out would be good publicity for the coloring contest.

I haven't seen my friend GROG since Oasis - I would love to win dinner with GROG!

I've dated Grog.
What a cartoon that was.

It didn't turn out as good as I hoped.
Stay with the pirate.

H

I don't know how to color on the computer but I want to date Grog anyways. I am willing to pay big bucks.

Hilda, copy my picture into your post, I'll edit and delete the picture from my post, you win and I don't have to take GROG to the Ice Capades. It's a win-win-win situation :D

Yar! Here be me entry!

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2011-01-08 09:43 ]

Me want dinner.

[ Edited by: mrtikibar 2010-12-30 14:23 ]

I'm in! Pick me, pick me!! I take Grog to Tiki on Ice.

[ Edited by: LiddleLola 2011-01-10 17:03 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 7, 2011 12:49 PM

GROG just got a new computer and is BACK ON-LINE!!

Tiki Central must have been down for several days while GROG was away. The photos aren't working, so GROG can't see the colored versions. Woofy, who is supposed to be the judge and pick the winner?

There is a background that goes with the pirate, should that be included?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 7, 2011 1:59 PM

Whoops! No background art. The art was on another hard drive, and GROG' computer guy is still trying to recover the art from that hard drive.

W

Well...

If we did this we'd first need GROG to agree to be taken out at the winner's expense for drinks, a meal, and entertainment of his choice.

We'd also need to pick some judges. GROG could not be a judge so folks would know his decision wasn't based on how fat an entrant's wallet was or the wiggle in their walk. I couldn't be a judge because my opinions sometimes make people cry.

We probably also would set a dollar amount on the prize, how much the winner would be expected to spend on GROG so people wouldn't have to worry about draining their bank accounts if they won. It'd be either surf or turf but not surf-n-turf.

Then there'd have to be the long list of disclaimers such as the contest not actually be connected to Tiki Central or any of its subsidiaries, the unknown state of GROG's table manners, or how no one involved with the contest would be responsible if GROG and the winner fell in love (with each other or simultaneously with life) and moved to Eugene, Oregon to start a pottery studio.

T

I resubmitted my art.

ArrrRRRR!!!!

TB

I couldn't resist to play with this...
so don't worry grog.. if by any chance I win.. I'm not gonna ask you the drink :wink:
I made it just for the fun :wink:

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jan 9, 2011 11:43 AM

Ooooooo!!! A chance for GROG to go on date with a beautiful, talented blonde lady with a sexy accent! BAI WINS!!!!!!!

W

This is exactly why GROG could not be a judge in any actual contest. His appreciation of art is too easily muddled by his other appreciation.

Pages: 1 15 replies