Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central Problems, also Ooga-mooga and critiki

Pages: 1 18 replies

Hi all,

Tiki Central's server had a hard drive failure, and it's still being addressed.

Data is still being restored to Tiki Central.

• It is possible that images are not restored right away, and may take a while before they are. If you uploaded photos recently and they're not being displayed, it's possible they'll return soon.

• It is also possible that we lost some data. Hopefully not much, probably just a few day's worth

• It's also possible that in the next few days Tiki Central goes back down again while we restore things

• Critiki and Ooga-mooga are on the same server. They are still being restored as well.

• In theory, at some point we'll be restored to where we were just a day or two before the hard drive crash. But I believe that currently, we're still missing a lot of stuff.

• It is also possible that some of the posts we are making now might disappear. I am checking with the admins at our hosting company to verify if this is likely.

hang tight.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2011-01-08 21:44 ]

T

Thanks for the update, Handford. If there's anything you need just ask.

Keep in mind missing photos are still being restored. if you see broken photos from recent posts, don't remove them from your posts. They'll come back later (hopefully)

S

GLAD TIKI CENTRAL IS BACK......THANKS !

I've seen this kind of thing happen on other similar sites that may have grown beyond their architect's expectations. Hanford, if there's a better way to do this that involves some radical change, you'll get no complaints from me. Your diligence deserves something akin to sainthood.

On 2011-01-08 15:58, SilverLine wrote:
I've seen this kind of thing happen on other similar sites that may have grown beyond their architect's expectations. Hanford, if there's a better way to do this that involves some radical change, you'll get no complaints from me. Your diligence deserves something akin to sainthood.

Maybe this is the proof of TikiCentral's success?

Well really we've just had a string of bad luck, and it's possible we've outgrown our hosting service.

Humu and I rent a server that is located somewhere in a data center in SoCal. We got it upgraded last year, and that's when all the problems started.

having a hard drive die is horrible; but really we just have a LOT of data to restore, and it doesn't happen overnight (at the price we're paying, anyway.)

We all appreciate your efforts. Thank you!

U

Hang in and hang loose

Mahalo

T

Thanks for the hard work!

Livin' La Vida Loca. :wink:

T

It sounds like the server's storage configuration doesn't include a RAID set?? :(

Hanford,
thanks to you and Humuhumu for all you do.

I bet a lot of Hoarders(ahem collectors)
were going thru withdrawals not being able to post their recent acquisitions,
I bet Facebook activity went way up while TC was down.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

On Facebook there is a location called Sacramento Ohana. The conversation for a couple of days was all about not being able to get on to TC. We were checking every hour. TC is the only good addiction, best wishes and thank you, Wendy

T

Glad to see you back, I really missed this site and all the information, people, good to see you back

Not having TC really showed me how isolated I am from the rest of the Tiki Tribe! Yikes! What would happen if there were no TC? Would the new wave of Tiki Culture stumble and fall?
Thank you Hanford - you are doing important work my tiki brother!

Second Brads notion for sure .

U

Great work getting TC back online. Any timeline when Ooga Mooga might be back up.?

Mahalo

Happy Anniversary! :D

Pages: 1 18 replies