Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

new acquisitions

Pages: 1 9 replies

Whooohoooooo!!! Finally got a hold of some falernum and pimento liqueur. Any good drink combinations involving these not listed in the Bum's books (or even if they are, ones that are worth trying out first)?

"I've been ionized, but I'm okay now." - B. Banzai

[ Edited by: ErkNoLikeFire 2011-01-09 00:09 ]

No opinions or recommendations for a little alcohol alchemy?

You must have gotten an outside supply. I didn't think we could either one here in the mitten state. I know all of the Bum's books have some good cocktails for both and the Grogalizer is a big help also. Stay warm.

I like adding Rum Cream (preferably El Dorado, but Cruzan works, as well), for a Winter holiday-style sipper, along the lines of eggnog.

Nothing fancy but try splashing either one of those in a Cuba Libre (rum and coke). Use Mexican Coke though...real sugar.

I made a Bermuda Swizzle with Falernum and it was great. 1oz Gosling's Black Seal rum, 1oz gold rum, 1 3/4oz pineapple juice, 1 3/4oz orange juice, 1/2oz falernum (I used Fee Brothers) 2 dashes Angostura bitters. Shake with crushed ice.

Thank you, I'll give these a shot! If your interested, I ordered them from DrinkUpNY.com.

Try some pimento in (1/4 oz) in a navy grog,I got some of this from my friend kon hemsby on here (thanks Simon!)

On 2011-01-12 02:57, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:
Thank you, I'll give these a shot! If your interested, I ordered them from DrinkUpNY.com.

Thanks for the heads up on the website. How was the shipping cost to here in MI if you don't mind me asking? And thanks again!

P
Polly posted on Mon, Jan 17, 2011 6:38 PM

On 2011-01-11 07:22, Haole'akamai wrote:
I like adding Rum Cream (preferably El Dorado, but Cruzan works, as well), for a Winter holiday-style sipper, along the lines of eggnog.

Me too!!! Rum is always my favorite.

Pages: 1 9 replies