Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Hula tiki room rain lamp

Pages: 1 1 replies

TS

Just a project I finished up. It includes programmable LED lighting, a 1960s Hula Wahine that looks a bit more realistic than the ones always seen on ebay and current souvenir shops. The outside is adorned with Hibiscus Flowers, Bamboo leaves, real thatch roof, and woven raffa border for base. Soon, the Wahine will be in the company of a non overpowering tiki. The color changing lighting makes all the difference in the world.
Since it is a rainlamp, it is better to see video of it in action, versus static camera shots. See link below to view the video uploaded on my facebook account.

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v1/y2/r/5l8_EVv_jyW.swf?v=179887172052048&ev=0

*update
This was the first Rain Lamp in a hawaiian hula theme I did. I eventually sold this one on ebay. Now I have created another one, and will be displaying it, and hopefully selling it at Don the Beachcombers 2nd Annual Tiki Highway show. I also updated the thread to fix the video link.

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2012-08-16 10:03 ]

Wow....that is awesome. Who knew that someday those lamps would become something beautiful. Nice job!!! Thanks for the video.

Pages: 1 1 replies