Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

" I Lava Tiki " new designs by artist Carolyn Kopecky

Pages: 1 22 replies

• Tiki Toothpick *

** ~ ~ I LAVA TIKI ~ ~ **

A sneak peek of a newly released tiki collection that I designed last year called "I Lava Tiki".
Giant mugs for giant drinks, stacking totem cups, and evil munky shot glasses!

Please take a look and comment, and tell me how much you Lava Tiki!

Thanks!

• Carolyn Kopecky

*** EVIL MUNKY SHOT GLASSES ***

• Hear No Evil *

• See No Evil *

• See No Evil * modeled by Jen Foxpuppy *

• Speak No Evil *

• Speak No Evil * modeled by Jen Foxpuppy *

• Do No Evil * we had to do it *

*** LARGE TIKI MUGS ***

• Moai Tai *

• Moai Tai * modeled by Jen Foxpuppy *

• Pineapple Princess *

• Pineapple Princess * modeled by Jen Foxpuppy *

• the Hurricane *

• the Hurricane * modeled by Jen Foxpuppy *

• Drunky Munky *

• Drunky Munky * modeled by Jen Foxpuppy *

*** STACKING TOTEM MUGS ***

• Tiki Totem Mugs *

• Tiki Totem Mugs * modeled by Jen Foxpuppy *

• Tiki Totem Mugs *

• Tiki Totem Mug * SunEnergyLight *

• Tiki Totem Mug * AirWaterBreathe *

• Tiki Totem Mug * LifeLeafLaughter *

• Tiki Totem Mug * EarthFirePassion *

This collection carries many more products including candles, bowls, and platters...more pictures coming soon!
(Currently only available wholesale from One Hundred 80 Degrees)
http://www.onehundred80degrees.com/

Wow! That's a lot of new designs dropping into the Tiki world's lap! Respect! Where did you come from, and since when have you been doing this?

I like em all!
How about some more pics...of Jen, what a cutie!

TK

On 2011-01-18 18:17, 4WDtiki wrote:
I like em all!
How about some more pics...of Jen, what a cutie!

indeed!! ohh nice wok too.

How can I order some of these bad boys?

Wow! excellent! :) all these new little creatures are so sweet!

Great size, cute designs, good colors, beautiful model. You are off and running, Wendy

T

I would be interested in something like this

T

I would be interested in something like this

i dig em all!
What a great collection of cutie mugs.....

W

These mugs are really swell. Well done.

Really cool collection! i really like those tiki totem mugs!

P
Polly posted on Tue, Jan 25, 2011 6:20 PM

Cool!
The small ones are reallly cute!

WOW!

Thank you all so much, I am flattered and blown away by the response.

I'm an artist currently living in Minneapolis, MN (waist deep in snow, tropical tiki stuff on the mind sure helps!).
For the last couple years I have been designing for a small local giftware company called One Hundred 80 Degrees. They ask me to design all sorts of things, from Christmas ornaments to salt and pepper shakers, usually holiday related. So I draw little pictures of cute things, and if it's cute enough, they send it overseas and produce it.

It's a pretty fun job! (and I'm lucky to have it)

The end of last year was the first time I stumbled across my designs in retail stores. It still feels weird and amazing.

Last summer I was given the opportunity to venture further out of the holiday decor world, to create a line of every-day product, and "I Lava Tiki" was born. I honestly did not know much about the world of tiki until then. Minneapolis has an excellent tiki bar and restaurant called Psycho Suzi's (www.psychosuzis.com) that I have been a fan of for a long time, and I'm sure their bloodymary bar had a major influence on the decision to create a tiki collection. So I dug into tiki art and doodled totems till I was satisfied. I had so much fun delving into a kind of style I've never known, now I just want to make more...

Perhaps I should have waited a little longer to share the collection, since you can only buy them in wholesale orders for now. I was so excited I couldn't help myself! I will post again when I know they are available to buy individually, sorry for the wait.

Thanks again for the love!

and THANKS to Tiki Central for this awesome experience of connection. It's like an instant art-niche support group or something :)

• Carolyn!

Glad you came back! I was starting to think you were a 'one post and gone' member.
Got any more pieces you can show us, modeled by the lovely Jen Foxpuppy of course!

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Feb 1, 2011 8:14 AM

On 2011-01-31 13:58, !kopecky! wrote:
WOW!

Perhaps I should have waited a little longer to share the collection, since you can only buy them in wholesale orders for now. I was so excited I couldn't help myself! I will post again when I know they are available to buy individually, sorry for the wait.

and THANKS to Tiki Central for this awesome experience of connection. It's like an instant art-niche support group or something :)

• Carolyn!

Your job sounds like a dream and seeing your work out in the market, is something I would pay for (an they pay you)

Someone should buy them wholesale (like a !kopecky! or all those other companys that sell Tiki Farm mugs) and we will all buy them off you.

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Feb 1, 2011 8:16 AM

On 2011-01-31 13:58, !kopecky! wrote:
WOW!

• Carolyn!

Your job sounds like a dream and seeing your work out in the market, is something I would pay for (an they pay you)

Someone should buy them wholesale (like a !kopecky! or all those other companys that sell Tiki Farm mugs) and we will all buy them off you.

!

Here's a link to more "I Lava Tiki" designs!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40299&forum=21&1

M

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2011-06-20 20:46 ]

Want to add "I Lava Tiki" to your collection?

I found 2 stores online so far that you can buy "I Lava Tiki" mugs...
I do not know yet where to get the candles or other decor!
I'll let you know when I do :)

The Afternoon
http://www.theafternoon.com/242248/html

Patina's
http://www.patinastores.com/catalog/home/features-1/picnic/stacking-tiki-mugs.html

any MORE scoop on all those cutie little mugs of yours?

have you done any new side-projects?

whatcha been up to?
:)

E

... and where can we buy the shot glasses?

HJ

Seriously good looking shot glasses! Wow!

Pages: 1 22 replies