Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Students want your old/broken/too-much-stuff

Pages: 1 0 replies

W
Weitz posted on Fri, Jan 28, 2011 9:21 AM

(reposted, on request, from California events forum)
Hey everyone!
For those of you who don't know me, I'm a student at UC Berkeley. I live in the cooperative housing, a small one by the name of Ridge. We're 39 awesome young folks who are generally nerdy, but like to party every once in a while.

In support of our occasional blowing-off-school-stress, I suggested the idea of a tiki bar party. Everyone thought it was cool, but was concerned about the cost of decorations, putting it together, etc. We don't have that much money, and even less to spend on partying.

So! I was wondering if any one had things they'd be willing to donate. Maybe duplicates, or slightly broken-but-still-usable things. We can put stuff back together! And it will have a good home, and be incorporated into the decor of the home, I promise.

So, if you need to do some almost-spring cleaning and are in the Bay Area (Berkeley, SF, Oakland preferable), please give me a message. We'd also be interested in spare construction supplies, like bamboo and such!

I know this is a pretty giant longshot, but I figure it was worth a try! Afterall, I saw the mug mishaps thread :P

Pages: 1 0 replies