Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Bong's Birthday Bonanaza at Don the Beachcomber 2/26/11

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

leavin soon.
anybody goin early?

Jeff(btd)

Wish we coulda been there for this can't wait to see the pic's!!!!

Good times at Don The Beachcomber, last night! Here are just a few of the many pictures that were taken, last night. The rain kept some away, but we still had a packed house!

Jungle Ginger and Doug

We had our former bassist and immeasurable musical talent, Lucas Vigor, singing backups and playing an assortment of percussion goodies last night.

The drinks were flowin'! Jungle Ginger and ATP

Lucas on the bongos!

The drum solo during Kahuna! That was our first time playing the song live in southern California. It's a show stopper because of Dom and Christian's antics!

The bass solo during Kahuna!

The birthday feller got a new stand for his set list.

Christian doing his best wabbit impersonation.

All in all, a super fun night of music and friends in Southern California's premiere tiki establishment! Hopefully HB Tiki will post his pics too! And yeah, thanks again to our friends from Canada who tipped us generously enough to play another set! That really made the night!

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2011-02-27 20:11 ]

Fun night, the Hula Girls sounded fantastic!!

Goodtimes last night while I was there.
I left after 1st set, to see another show in LA.
It was just so so,
I wish I had Stayed at Dons.

Happy B-day Bong!

Jeff(btd)

Wish you woulda stayed too, Jeff! There was some dancing going on towards the end of the night. I know how you LOVE dancing!

Now that the very popular band, Flyer, is playing in the LongBoard Room, parking at Don's on Friday & Saturday is not as plentiful as it use to be. Buy, hey, the Hula Girls and their hulabilly are worth the walk from the Peters Landing parking lot.

That was so much fun! Can we celebrate Bong's Birthday every weekend? Good drinks, good friends, and the fabulous sounds of the Hula Girls. Stacey and I will be your back up Hula Girls dancers anytime! ATP and Doug Horne were not quite as graceful as us, but they gave it a whirl. :wink:
Great pics Dinah - as always you looked adorable.

TM

What a blast! The new songs the Hula Girls played are totally AWESOME! (This was the first time I heard them played!) and Christian and Dom's bass/drum solo was killer!
They sounded so good that the audience demanded a 3rd set!

J

Hey there was no Lucas Vigor at the FI show.

I want my money back !!

Pages: 1 2 57 replies