Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Memorial Weekend Barbeques with Tiki

Pages: 1 5 replies

Well, I need to work part of this weekend but I hope you all have a great weekend and hope it looks something like this.....

Just add cocktails.....Aloha

T

tHanks bOngOfUry, I wIsh I hAd oNe oF tHose bArBeques... dOes aNyOne hEre oWn oNe? wEll, mY wEekeNd wiLL lOOk liKe tHis...

dId yOu eVer cHeck oUt tHe Hong Kong Inn hULa sHow?
-tOny

Oh, so it's a three day weekend in the US as well? It's a holiday over here too, and I'm spending it Cheese-rolling:

We run down steep hills chasing round cheeses. The organisers state clearly that 'YOU WILL BE INJURED', but most people drink many pints of strong cider (cider contains a LOT of alcohol here) and so fall in big floppy heaps.

http://www.cheese-rolling.co.uk/

Trader Woody

Gad, I love England.

So, how was the cheese-rolling? Any injuries??

Er, do you make cheese sandwiches afterwards?

fascinated,

tikivixen

J

Can't say that I've ever witnessed cheese rolling first-hand but working at a TV station we always get the video of the fiasco! Some people really get messed up by the looks of the video - I'm surprised they don't have helicopters waiting to transport all the potential neck and spine injuries to the hospitals! That cheese rolling is a hardcore extreme sport in my estimation!

Bah! The cheese-rolling was cancelled as a result of earthquakes halfway round the world...

"Following earthquakes in Peru and Algeria, 'Rapid UK', a search and rescue team, was unable to attend.
St. John Ambulance, who are the irreplacable first aid team for the event, rely on the expertese of 'Rapid UK ' to remove any casualties from the face of the hill.
St. John Ambulance therefore had to withdraw their services. Insurance cover is dependant on these volunteers being present."

Well, I guess it shows just how dangerous it is if the casualties resemble earthquake victims.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 5 replies