Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

[Location Change] St Patiki Day @ Rugger's Reef 3/19/11

Pages: 1 14 replies

Unfortunately I came down with the Flu and am still sick. Never fear...the party will still go on, and will now be at Matt's pad @ the Rugger's Reef. (Thank you Matt.)

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2011-03-12 19:27 ]

Matt has got this one covered with Brewskies and Cocktails.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2011-03-12 19:28 ]

"But is the Guinness green?" is the question.....actually scratch that, green beer is gross.

LOL...no, not gonna mess with the Guinness. The mint in the Mai Tais will be sporting the right color. Which reminds me...I always thought this was weird...how much does this cost and what about the fish...LOL.

On 2011-02-21 12:19, PockyTiki wrote:
"But is the Guinness green?" is the question.....actually scratch that, green beer is gross.

I've had has some green beer that was quite tasty. It's called Green Rooster. Back in the day at my favorite watering hole Harry O'Shortals there was a beer drink called "Mud on the Green". It was Guinness floated on top of the Green Rooster and it was fantastic.

Harry O's was a beer joint with over 100 different types of beer & Ale. Mugs from the regulars were lining the walls on hooks at the celing level and if you had one you probably spent a fortune there. The bar was a hit for about 10 years then they closed the doors and went belly up just like so many other bars from the past.

Those were the days.

On 2011-02-21 12:30, VampiressRN wrote:
LOL...no, not gonna mess with the Guinness. The mint in the Mai Tais will be sporting the right color. Which reminds me...I always thought this was weird...how much does this cost and what about the fish...LOL.

Just a couple of weeks ago someone did this to a local river:

Apparently, they used Fluorescein. It takes just a very small amount.

Fluorescein is a synthetic organic compound soluble in water and alcohol. The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic. The chemical is usually used to trace leaks from septic tanks and water systems and can be bought online.

Have a great party Vamp!

Thanks for that intel TW...that is good to know. Boy, the color is so intense and actually beautiful.

What ideas are you cooking up? Wendy

R

Still planning on doing my Guinness Corned Beef Brisket!

We also have potatoes/turnips from Dave and soda bread from Barb. Green dessert on the menu too. I am going to opt out so I don't pass this evil Flu on to anyone...but I'll be slamming back a Guinness in honor of the Sac Ohana at my pad.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2011-03-12 19:31 ]

Bumping to be sure everyone sees the location change to Rugger's Reef at Matt's pad.

I'll be there. What can I bring?

Darilyn

Kilts or lava-lavas preferred. Down with Pants!

Mahalo to the O'hana who bravely ventured out last night in truly Irish weather to hang out together.

Anyone got pix? :)

Pages: 1 14 replies