Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Turner filming documentary at Hukilau 2002

Pages: 1 1 replies

S

I don't have a lot of detail on this yet, but it's very exciting and I have to share.

Scott of The Penetrators is also the man behind the monthly vintage film nights at the Starlight Six in Atlanta. We have been cross promoting with them from day 1.

Turner South has been in process with a documentary. It started out about dying culture and was focused on diners and Drive-in's and such. They got interested in the Drive-In's that are doing vintage stuff and, naturally, The Starlight Six got their attention. Their vintage nights are awesome. They show these great old movies and people bring vinatge couchs and coolers of beer and have a big time.

So, the Turner people saw our Hukilau event and have said they will be there the Sunday of Hukilau to film and interview us. That's all I can say for sure. But we hope they will let their interest spill over to the Hukilau and Poly-Pop and they will be there to film the Friday and Saturday events as well.

K

We're going to do our best to make it a proud day for tiki culture! Wayne Coombs is going to set up some very telegenic tikis and the Turner cameras will get an eyeful for sure.
SQUID has finished his HUKILAU 2002 mug... great blue green glaze! check it out: http://hukilau.info/mug.htm

Pages: 1 1 replies