Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Official Tiki Oasis 11 thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 644 replies

Pineappleman is all set with a legion of friends in tow....

B

Just got my link and my rooms!

B

Thanks everyone for letting us know that you have signed up for the Tiki Events list in he past but have not gotten any e-mails. This is strange and really good feedback for us. Wish we knew this beforehand so we could get everyone all set with being on the list well before this crunch time kicked in for us!

To sign up for the list go to: http://www.tikioasis.com
Put in your name and e-mail and viola you will get all the Tiki Events updates!! That means you will know about all the cool Tiki Oasis happenings throughout the year and also hear about lots of Tiki events Internationally!

As for everyone here on TC. There will be loads of rooms and tickets on Wednesday when everything goes live. Please do not fret my friends!! All will work out and everyone who wants to come and enjoy Tiki Oasis and remember to book their room AND tickets this week will get in without a problem I am sure!

So you can prepare for Wednesday:

ROOMS
Room Rates start at $175.00 for a tower room or $195.00 for the poolview and stage view tower rooms. Don't forget about the special Sunday evening event when booking your room. Friday and Saturday night minimum are required.

TICKETS
There is a structure change in our tickets. The basic ticket now includes Thursday (we have to charge this year due to security) and Sunday is an added event with DON TIKI from HAWAII!!

Basic Weekend Wristband
Thursday–Saturday
$65 / $75 at the door

Full Weekend Wristband
Thursday–Sunday
$100 / $110 at the door

Age 6 - 17 Weekender Pass Wristband
Thursday–Sunday (yes includes all days!)
$18 / $20 at the door
(age 6 – 17, those 5 and under are free)

VIP Wristband Plus Mug
Thursday–Saturday
$200/ not available at the door
(age 21+, includes Tiki Mug ($80 value) and VIP entry to all symposiums /unless noted otherwise)

DELUXE VIP wristband
Thursday–Sunday
$230/ not available at the door
(age 21+, includes Tiki Mug ($80 value) and VIP entry to all symposiums /unless noted otherwise)

Sunday Evening Showcase
Adult pass $35 advance/$40 at door
(Children 5 and under free)

HAPPY PLANNING AND SEE YOU AT THE TIKI OASIS!!

SF

Thanks for the update.

B

The link would not let me reserve two rooms at once. I was able to get two rooms, but had to do one at a time and fill out information twice. Is this a glitch, or just a way to keep people from grabbing too many at one time?

V

Just had a meeting with one of the Don Tiki folks a couple days ago and he let slip that they were traveling to Oasis this year. I was SO stoked to hear it! Super glad I booked Sunday night! Should be a fantastic show.

Henrik "VanTiki"

Booked and ready to go!

C

Thanks for the info! My concerns have been allayed.
Looking forward to sipping a couple of Mai Tai's by the pool with you Henrik.
Don Tiki!!! What a treat.

DON TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

B

Thanks for the update babydoe !

Wow, Don Tiki - what a great addition to the lineup !

Hanging loose until the site goes live tomorrow...

Cheers,
Rob

B

we have had a couple gliches on our website so we are uber glad we are working those out now before going live to TC and the world

One thing that has been asked is about TIKI MUGS....

Yes we are only offering the TIKI MUG ($80 value) with the deluxe or vip passes. We usually sell a few mugs on Friday night at the Tiki Oasis table if you really do not want a deluxe or vip pass.

I do have to say that for that extra $55 (deluxe pass) you will get into all the symposiums for no extra fee (some of these symposiums cost as much as $35!) plus all deluxe and vip will get to shop at your leisure saturday morning from 9am-10am in the indoor vending area so you get an extra hour saturday to shop! (note that indoor vendors will be open to the public Friday 3pm-5pm)

If you buy a VIP or Deluxe pass and do not want your mug... well....er.... I am sure someone will be happy to take it off your hands.

Hope that clears up the Mug questions!!

XO baby doe
Tiki Oasis

V

On 2011-04-26 11:18, babydoe wrote:
If you buy a VIP or Deluxe pass and do not want your mug... well....er.... I am sure someone will be happy to take it off your hands.

I, for one, am happy to volunteer my shelf as a happy home for any and all unwanted Oasis mugs :)

O
Otto posted on Wed, Apr 27, 2011 1:43 AM

Yes, it's true, Don Tiki will be the special Sunday night guest. I was also talking to Jack Costanzo aka "Mr. Bongo" and ended up booking both of them and putting Jack on Saturday night. Even without these two veteran stars I was thinking this year's entertainment might be the best line up yet, now the deal is sealed, it is going to rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqej9dLlW7s

Hopefully Jack will also appear in Jeff Chenault's music symposium

On 2011-04-27 01:43, Otto wrote:
Yes, it's true, Don Tiki will be the special Sunday night guest. I was also talking to Jack Costanzo aka "Mr. Bongo" and ended up booking both of them and putting Jack on Saturday night. Even without these two veteran stars I was thinking this year's entertainment might be the best line up yet, now the deal is sealed, it is going to rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqej9dLlW7s

Hopefully Jack will also appear in Jeff Chenault's music symposium

Don Tiki AND Jack Costanzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Definitely the BIGGEST Tiki Oasis line-up ever!!!!!

So glad to be a part of it.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central 2011-04-27 06:24 ]

B

As promised TC gets to check out the beta site before we go live!! We are still updating a few things (dern day job gettin' in our way!) but overall you should be able to get a sense of the event and what we will be offering this year.

http://www.tikioasis.com/2011beta/

PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOM AND TICKETS NOW!

See you at the TIKI Oasis!
XO Baby Doe

Room is Booked!!!

B

don't forget your tickets too! :)

B

Yippeee, room booked and wristbands purchased !

...better start stockpiling the rum now...

Thanks !
Rob

C

Way cool site this year guys. Great work!!

[ Edited by: cdtiki 2011-04-27 10:16 ]

May we can get our Jack Costanzo signature bongos from Volcano percussion signed. He is awesome!

C

Got the room thing figured out and I'm good to go.
Party time!!!

Babydoe- since you said that the passes are needed now for Thursday, does that mean that there will be a place to pick up your wristband at the hotel before the jaunt to Bali Hai or will we be picking them up at Bali Hai like in the past?

S

so, being a T.O. virgin, I think I bought a ticket for the meet and greet thing I didnt
need. I got the $100 pass,and the $10 meet and greet ticket, and didnt realize the Bali Hai thing is the same as the meet and greet.
what a dummy. anyhow, i think I now have the $10 ticket I don't need.
Let me know if there is chance for a refund for that, or if I can try to sell it?
Thanks mucho!
Wish I was staying at the Crowne Plaza, but couldnt afford it due to some other traveling I'm doing.
Anyone else staying at the Motel 6 next door? Feel free to come over for drinkies! hahahahaha
Pea

B

we are using a new ticketing agency (for us) this year. I am not sure about the refund for the thursday night ticket. let me check that out

as for picking up wristbands it will be the same set-up as in the past you can pick up at Bali Hai or at the hotel

B

SweetPea I am pretty sure I just issued a partial refund. Let me know if it worked!
I noticed two other people seemed to do this also - trying to figure out a way to geting the word better on site so others do not make the same mistake!

S

YAY! it looks like it worked!
Thanks so much for the help!
Can't wait to see ya!

DZ

I'm surprised no one has asked about this years symposiums! (Is it just me, or is there actually NO info about any of the symposiums anywhere?) I'd like to buy a VIP pass, but they're not cheap and that little "unless noted otherwise" scares me. I may shell out an extra hundred bux for the VIP and STILL have to pay more to get into symposiums I really want to see? Please, if the symposium info is online somewhere, direct me towards it a.s.a.p.!

B

this year all the symposiums are included with deluxe and vip passes

we are still finalizing the prices but here is the line-up of classes thus far

Martin Cate Cocktail Symposium – Title TBA

Tequila Tasting Symposium with Jacques Bezuidenhout – Title TBA

Latinesque Exotica - from Quiet Village to Latin Village (Jeff Chenault)

MeduSirena Aquaticat Training Camp'~ with Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid

Surf Guitar Lessons with Jason Lee

Pin-up Hair and Make-up with Lady Borgia

Yoga with Tana the Tattooed Lady

MORE TBA!!

Got my tickets and room! See y'all at Oasis! I know we were buggin you about when tickets go up, but any idea when the symposium tickets go up? I can't help it...I'm greedy :)

B

Symposium Tickets will go up on Cinco De Mayo!!

I bought my VIP tickets (with the extra Sunday show) and booked my room from Thursday night through Sunday night, and was quoted the same rate for all nights. I thought I'd read something about a "discounted" rate for Sunday night. Do you need to ask about it when you get to the hotel, or am I just imagining things and there is no discount for Sunday night. Thanks!

HT

I notice in the schedule of events the list of DJ's. I did not see Jeff Hanson "BIG TIKI DUDE" as a DJ.
We go to all the events in SC and Jeff is always there as the DJ. Hope he will be at Tiki Oasis.

T

On 2011-04-28 12:10, HB TIKI wrote:
I notice in the schedule of events the list of DJ's. I did not see Jeff Hanson "BIG TIKI DUDE" as a DJ.
We go to all the events in SC and Jeff is always there as the DJ. Hope he will be at Tiki Oasis.

I agree. It wouldn't be a proper tiki event without BTD spinnin' the vinyl.

O
Otto posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2011 2:02 PM

Rooms are $25 less on Wed and Sun
If your reservation does not reflect that please email me a PDF or screen shot of your receipt and I will fix it
Otto

On 2011-04-28 11:12, mhathawa wrote:
I bought my VIP tickets (with the extra Sunday show) and booked my room from Thursday night through Sunday night, and was quoted the same rate for all nights. I thought I'd read something about a "discounted" rate for Sunday night. Do you need to ask about it when you get to the hotel, or am I just imagining things and there is no discount for Sunday night. Thanks!

Heard Big Sandy & Los Straitjackets really rocked at VLV...so excited to see them together!

Great line up and the site ,even in its Beta stage, looks great!

Otto and Doe you guys are really up on fast responses to everyone's questions and Ikabod has been great so far with volunteers. Even though you must be swapped with pms and requests thanks for keeping us informed.

Can't wait!

I am soooooo looking forward to this year!
I have my Sombrero dusted & off the wall!

Big Sandy and Los Straitjackets were GREAT at Viva....but we were all packed into a room that was too small for them with the air temp around 85 and humidity around 90%! I left after three songs....
Can't wait to see them in a spacious, outdoor venue!

amen on that. Was in the same crowded room. Sat in the hallway and played "Is it Vintage or not" instead. Looking forward to seeing them in San Diego.

DeTiki will be there selling purses again this year. We have our rooms, now just have to start planning crazy awesome new designs!

Room booked, wristbands bought...it's gonna be a long 110 days!

Kevin

T

I booked my room & got my tickets on Wednesday but now that I look at my confirmation & the room descriptions currently on the Crowne Plaza website, it looks like I may not have the room I wanted. My confirmation says I have a Leisure Room which, according to the T.O. site, says is near the jacuzzi. Yet now on the Crowne Plaza site, a King Size Leisure is said to face the golf course. I'm confused! Can you clarify, please?

O
Otto posted on Fri, Apr 29, 2011 11:49 AM

I will need until Monday afternoon to answer this question. Leisure Room us a new term that the hotel is using and my reservations manager is offsite today

J

Hey folks, don't forget to "Like" the Tiki Oasis Fan Page on Facebook! (Different than the "group" page.) Sometimes our Facebook Friends get breaking news before we have a chance to post it here, so "Like" the page and get updates directly to your facebook news feed!

Click here for the Tiki Oasis Facebook Page

Mahalo
JenTiki - Tiki Oasis Social Media Maven

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2011-04-29 16:25 ]

CA

and God said let there be the Ukulele
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oDVEhxEVKI&feature=related

Everytime I check the Tiki Oasis website it seems like you add more and more -- its like baby steps to the real event!

Love the DJ lineup!!

Can't wait to check out the tequila tasting seminar too.

O
Otto posted on Sat, Apr 30, 2011 10:26 PM

On 2011-04-30 12:03, SandraDee wrote:
Every time I check the Tiki Oasis website it seems like you add more and more -- its like baby steps to the real event!

There are a few more band announcement surprises
as well as symposiums TBA
as well as other fun stuff like Crazy Al's Moustache Contest!

Hope this is the right place to put it but DeTiki Custom Carvings (us!) will be there again with an outdoor booth, but no way to get a pop up vending tent cross country. We fly with most of the merchandise and ship just a few boxes. We will offer a purse worths of credit in the shop ($125!) to the first person that steps up and promises to have one there for us. We can even take the order now and you can pick it up then. Email us privately at [email protected]. We did pretty okay with just tables last year but it will be worth some bartering to keep my skin the same shade as my foundation, and a local with some trunk space can get something cool!

We're wanting to book a room at the Crown Plaza for the first time. Is there a certain section or wing that's designated for people who need to get SOME sleep?
We'll do some partying, but not all night! Do you even get to choose a room/floor/section/wing when booking, or is it strictly you get what they give you, and like it?
Any tips or advice?

O
Otto posted on Mon, May 2, 2011 12:41 AM

On 2011-05-01 15:09, 4WDtiki wrote:
We're wanting to book a room at the Crown Plaza for the first time. Is there a certain section or wing that's designated for people who need to get SOME sleep?
We'll do some partying, but not all night! Do you even get to choose a room/floor/section/wing when booking, or is it strictly you get what they give you, and like it?
Any tips or advice?

I have tried to get the hotel to commit to this and it is a struggle for various reasons I won't go into.
The best you can do is look at the maps that I have created. Filename: crowne_plaza_room_guide.pdf
downloadable under the "ROMM TYPE" tab here: http://www.tikioasis.com/2011/hotelbooking/crowneplaza/

The Tower Suites are located on floors 5 - 8 in the middle of the towers and at the back. So the farthest away from there are the rooms located closest to the Freeway/jacuzzi shown in orange and the rooms at the ends of the Towers shown in magenta.

You can request these rooms in the notes section when booking but the only real way to secure any particular room is to request it upon check-in and keep in mind that rooms are on a first come first served basis (ie someone arriving on Wednesday night could request that same room and they would get it)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 644 replies