Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki work-in-progress

Pages: 1 4 replies

Here is a digital tiki I made using ZBrush. My ZBrushing skills have room for improvement, but I find a tiki is not a bad practice object for learning the software.

The lighting owes a debt to (and tries to follow in the footsteps of) Robb Hamel.

I plan to incorporate this into a larger scene, and may ultimately try to emulate the structure and surface of paint on black velvet -- or I may just let it be its own CG thing.

[ Edited by: tiki moon 2011-04-25 12:13 ]

S

On 2011-04-25 12:12, tiki moon wrote:

Here is a digital tiki I made using ZBrush. My ZBrushing skills have room for improvement, but I find a tiki is not a bad practice object for learning the software.

The lighting owes a debt to (and tries to follow in the footsteps of) Robb Hamel.

I plan to incorporate this into a larger scene, and may ultimately try to emulate the structure and surface of paint on black velvet -- or I may just let it be its own CG thing.

[ Edited by: tiki moon 2011-04-25 12:13 ]

sounds really exciting :)

Looks really cool!

I've been thinking of doing a tiki painting in 3D software. Have only had enough time to do my Tiki Tower logo. Yours makes me want to start that up though!

TM

I think this Groboto v3 software, with its boolean approach to mesh generation, is going to be very useful in creating digital tikis.

http://www.groboto.com/v3/

T

Could be another great mug. You should propose this to the guys at tikifarm. The bottom looks a bit like tentacles, which is really cool, I think. Like it.

Pages: 1 4 replies