Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

CATT - The Chicago Area Tiki Tour 2011

Pages: 1 2 85 replies

Looking forward to it!

C

BUMP!!!!

THIS FRIDAY is the very LAST DAY to purchase tickets for The Chicago Area Tiki Tour!!

THIS FRIDAY is also the very LAST DAY to book a room at the aloft O'Hare host hotel!!

So stop pussyfooting around & join us on The CATT - it'll be a PURRRRRRRRRRRRRFECTLY Awesome time viewing Chicago's best tiki sights like you've never seen them before!!

MORE here:
http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/CATT/

MEOW!!!!
=^..^=

C

Oh, & it looks like we've got a CATT early arriver, checking out the sights......

Checking out the host hotel.....

Oooooh! Nice light!!

T

We're ready to get our CATT on!

C

This CATT gets around!!!

& ia hunting for souvenirs, too.

=^..^=

C

AND........there's MORE!!

We've just added a Sunday Wake & Bake to The CATT - a Make Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!!

We'll have all the fixins, including Bacon, Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives & all sorts of other goodies to adorn your drink.

We'll be doing it at the aloft hotel, so CATT attendees will get a little extra "wake up" before we all head off to Chef Shangri-la for the day's festivities.

=^..^=

C

It looks like a certain little CATT has found some friends along the route of the Chicago Area Tiki Tour

=^..^=

In case ya'll haven't heard, we will be having a special raffle at the Chef on Sunday to benefit Catnap from the Heart cat shelter. There will be 6 different items in the raffle, each item will have a different colored ticket. This way you only have to buy tickets for what you are interested in, although I must say they are all fab items. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00! :wink:

First item is a very groovy Tiki themed shadow box (designed by DSK Designs) that will be filled with mugs!!!!

...and here's the first round of mugs that will be included...

...a set of 3 hand painted Hawaiian Cork Stoppers, vintage Orchids of Hawaii R71 green mug, Kon Tiki Ports Chicago/Boston Steven Crane mug, and a Dr Fong mug from Chef Shangri-La's 2009 New Years Eve Party.

Be sure to check back often, cuz there's lots more good stuff! :D

C

AND.....

We have a VERY FEW CATT Meow Passes that have just become available!!

If you are interested in jumping aboard the CATT bus to have a PURRRRRRFECTLY Great time, shoot me a PM ASAP!!!

=^..^=

Here's the next round of mugs...

:down:

...vintage Frankoma T7 Coconut mug from Trade Winds, vintage 60's PMP Bamboo mug, Kahiki #1 Moai mug, retired Tiki Farm Miehana mug with original paperwork!

Remember to check back often, cuz there's lots more good stuff! :D

T

One week to go, can't wait!

...here's the next round of mugs...

...Chef Shangri-La 30th Anniversary glass, pair of Kon Tiki Ports S & P shakers, vintage OMC smiling green Tiki mug, Trader Vic's Aloha coconut mug, and a vintage orange Orchids of Hawaii Hula Girl mug.

Remember to check back often, cuz tomorrow's pic is the final mugs in the shadow box! After that we got a few more excellent surprises for ya! :D

I wish I would have come across this sooner. :( I have that weekend off but I'm going to Cleaveland.

...here are the final mugs going in the Shadow Box...

...vintage 60's PMP Coconut mug, retired Tiki Farm Jungle Boy by Squid, a vintage Swiss Movenpick Tiki mug, and mug from The Tikis in Hawaii.

Just wait til ya see what's up next... :D

...ok here's the next Raffle item for ya'll...

...a fully re-furbished 24" x 48" Witco 5 panel primitive wall art!

Don't go away cuz we ain't done yet!!!! :D

On 2011-09-22 08:37, BambooLodge wrote:
In case ya'll haven't heard, we will be having a special raffle at the Chef on Sunday to benefit Catnap from the Heart cat shelter. There will be 6 different items in the raffle, each item will have a different colored ticket. This way you only have to buy tickets for what you are interested in, although I must say they are all fab items. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00! :wink:

Hot News Flash...

There's a bit of a change on how raffle tix will be purchased, I was looking at this all ass-backwards.:oops:

It has been brought to my attention that there is a much easier way to run ticket sales...

..raffle tickets will still be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00. Instead of a bunch of different colored tickets, we'll have all the raffle items numbered as well as jars numbered. So this way all you have to do is buy your tickets, then split them apart, you take the side that says "KEEP THIS TICKET" and put it in your pocket or what ever safe place you'd like, then put the other in the jar of your choosing! :D Okie Dokie?

sorry double post!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2011-09-26 12:17 ]

I AM SO READY!!!

PS -- That Witco piece is MINE, so the rest of ya can just back away slowly!

...here's the next item in the Raffle graciously donated by Betty & Duane at Chef Shangri-La. :o It's a Eugene Savage print that hung in the Chef for over 34 years...

...this sucker is huge @ 36" x 60". The lighting was really poor in the back room where this is stored so it was hard to get any detailed pics.

Check back tomorrow for another great raffle item! :wink:

Don't forget that the raffle proceeds are going to very good cause -- Catnap from the Heart Shelter. Please take the time to check out this short video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-1VHEEF6xLQ

Mahalo

Wow, that Savage print is kind of an iconic bit of the Chef's tiki decor, I am surprised they are letting that go.
Lucky winner will have something very cool.

Wish I could join you all this weekend, but as usual I have work obligations for a lot of the time.
Such is the music biz.
Had a long conversation with Mel, who explained why (understandably given the logistics of this event) day-passes or partial-event passes aren't available.
Too bad, though.

Might catch up with the bus and pop my head in to Hala Kahiki for a few minutes on Saturday. Hope to see you all there.

On 2011-09-27 12:48, tikibars wrote:
Wow, that Savage print is kind of an iconic bit of the Chef's tiki decor, I am surprised they are letting that go.
Lucky winner will have something very cool.

Wish I could join you all this weekend, but as usual I have work obligations for a lot of the time.
Such is the music biz.
Had a long conversation with Mel, who explained why (understandably given the logistics of this event) day-passes or partial-event passes aren't available.
Too bad, though.

Might catch up with the bus and pop my head in to Hala Kahiki for a few minutes on Saturday. Hope to see you all there.

James, looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you in Chi-town!

...check out this next item, for you craft beer lovers...

...it's a 1/2 gallon bottle of Monkey Business Brewery's Russian Imperial Stout that comes in a highly collectible vintage screen printed Meister Brau Bottle.
Lotsa great items and a great cause as well, so be sure to save some Moola for the raffle at the Chef on Sunday! :wink:

T

I can't wait! I'm heading to Chicago now. See you all there.

H
Helz posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2011 3:10 PM

In addition to the "Tourist Catt" we also made another one-off custom mug that will be in the raffle as well. We call this one "Luau Catt":

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

AM I THERE YET???

L
Luki posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2011 7:50 PM

So where are all the CATT photos for those of us who'll have to live through them vicariously?!

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2011 8:01 PM

First pictures are starting to trickle out over in the land of Facebook.

I'm sure they'll start to pop-up over here, too, soon :D

It was one hell of a weekend, for sure!!!!!!!!

M

Yep, most of my pics are already over on the CATT Facebook page and there weren't many since I was armed only with an iPhone. My wife and I had an incredible time at our first 'officially sanctioned' tiki event. What great people you meet in this community!

I'm dropping a few photos here too...

Pouring cocktails on a moving bus takes a (happy) village.

A few pictures of the lovely Chef Shangri-La

Sometime between drinks and the wonderful dinner show at Tiki Terrace

Enjoy...I'm sure others will be posting better pictures here very soon!

C
croe67 posted on Thu, Oct 6, 2011 8:56 AM

Here's one of all of the CATTers outside of the fabulous Hala Kahiki.

More pictures SOON! =^..^=

It was really great to meet a bunch of you. I would like to thank Rugby Matt, KuKuAhu, Formikahini ,Croe67, to name a few for making us feel so welcome. My wife and i had such a great time!

Aloha!

C
croe67 posted on Thu, Oct 6, 2011 4:34 PM

Here is a very small peek into the weekend's festivities, though there's so much more not captured here..... :D

C
croe67 posted on Thu, Oct 6, 2011 4:56 PM

& a few MORE.....

TT

Great job by everyone in-charge of CATT. Had a blast.

Yesterday we presented Catnap from the Heart with a check for a grand total of $1250.00!

The gal in the center is the one who runs the shelter, Bobbie. She was really blown away at the amount we pulled in. She also sends each and everyone of you who participated in the raffle, a huge hug and a hearty Thank you.

On behalf of all the kitties, the Red Palms would also like to say Mahalo to everyone who took part in Sunday's raffle, ya'll rock!!!!!

Here's photos of some of the kitties, that will be benefitting from the CATT raffle...

More photos on FB...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2523292246561.143828.1380996869&type=1

T

On 2011-08-30 13:37, BambooLodge wrote:

On 2011-08-30 13:02, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
luki-

there are alot of good reasons to buying a ticket to take the tour-especially if you are not familiar with the area or are from out of town.... you get the goodie bag and mug as well as a guided tour and dinner. That's alot of value for the ticket price. But like you, We have alot on our plate that weekend and for a number of reasons, we will not be taking the tour per se. That said, we do plan on going to the chef that sunday to partake of the festivities and raffle for catnap. We also will be at the hotel friday nite. Many folks will be in from out of town and I hope to spend some time with them. I encourage you to at least stop by the chef on sunday to hang with us if you can. it's good meet new people.

keep in mind, the places are small and may not accomodate people that just show up that are not with the bus tour.

Again - the tour is a great deal and I encourage anyone that can to get a ticket and enjoy the entire ride. !!

MEOW !!

MEOW !!

:o Ok folks just to clarify things...

There's a very obvious reason for not being able to accomodate folks dropping in along the way...

With the exception of Hala Kahiki, these are all small venues and only hold around a hundred or so people, so all you have to do is be able to add. Two busses @ 53 people each = 106 Tikiphiles accending on these places at one time, I think ya'll can grasp that right?

As far as Sunday's festivities at the Chef, again there will be approximately 106 people there for the duration of the afternoon. The Chef does hold more people, so there will probably be limited seating available as we get closer to the big weekend. Hope this helps put thing in perspective. :D

Edited to reflect that ticket price does not include the mug, that's a separate purchase!

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2011-08-30 13:59 ]

Are there mugs left from this event?
I see there are mugs left from the 2014 FOM CATT event left for sale.

B

Hey Skip,

The leftover mugs got brought to Ohana North and I think (?) they all got sold?

Sorry man.

Pages: 1 2 85 replies