Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

new "old" sea shell lamp

Pages: 1 16 replies

My virgin tiki creation made possible by help from tiki lamp makers of TC. Also included some pics of my living room.

[ Edited by: gold zephyr 2011-04-29 22:12 ]

A very nice look, goldZ! I gotta try one of these sometime.

Nice Zephyr! Looks like it's spent the last 50 years in a smokey bar

T

GREAT job!!
Would like to try to make one
some day.
Just don't know if I can bring myself
to cut the tapa.

Terrific, we love old "new" lamps, yours is perfect. Wendy

Wow! Very nice!

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I'll soak it up now since it'll be while before I start a new one. Most of this lamp was completed in my second bathroom- I have two curious little ones. I chose this design because I thought it would be easy given my limited skills. I guess it turned out ok.

That looks great! Did you use an antique hat for the top?

W

Love that lamp Gold Zephyr!

Chris
WestADad

K
KAHAKA posted on Mon, May 2, 2011 6:46 PM

All right! Looks great! I'm glad it worked out... they're fun to make, right?

No antique hat just a jumbo size asian hat. Yeah it was fun Kahaka. I expect to make more lamps as time and money allow.

S
spiked posted on Tue, May 3, 2011 9:53 AM

They are fun! :) I made one last year as well; super heavy though, with all the shells..

I can hang this if I figure how to attach the top to the bottom.

M
Murph posted on Fri, May 13, 2011 9:46 AM

Cool!

Can you "stitch" the top to the bottom with a rafia cord or maybe even use some thin floral wire where it is thickest so it won't show? Just a couple thoughts. I have never made a lamp so not sure if that is proper or not.

M

Love your shell lamp,it's fun making lamps out of found objects. Remember to use new electrical parts for safety. There all a beautiful illusion. mudbone

Hey thanks for your input. Wire may be the most friendly way to do it. Will post when hanging.

Pages: 1 16 replies