Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Home Tiki Arcade Name

Pages: 1 10 replies

L
Lente posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2011 5:38 PM

(Helpful hint: skip to the indentation to get to the point)
So one of the rooms in my house (when it is not the guest room) is going to be my "home arcade," henceforth known as home arcade. Really it's just a collection of 80s to early 90s consoles and an arcade emulator/arcade stick thing going on, but indulge a guy, no?
I know that arcade machines and video games are really the opposite of tiki, older than the 70s debasement and perhaps even less conducive to conversation than television. As someone who has had some nice conversations over very casual two player games I could argue against that point of view, but regardless, this isn't the place for such arguments. Since arcades/videogames are far more modern than tiki, the two don't traditionally belong together. I understand that. But I am doing it anyway.
The bits of tiki collectibles I have that are too fragile for my outdoor bar and some of wife's and my own carvings will be decorating said home arcade. So here is the deal:
*****I need a name for this home bar/arcade hybrid. I'm hoping for something of a marriage between 80s science fiction and 50s primitivism. Since this is a hard combination, I have failed. I am asking for your help, tiki central.

Tron-Tiki?

Bear

B

GalacTiki?

Bally Hai

Hmm, thought I posted here yesterday. I guess not. I wonder where I did post this? :lol:

Pong sounds like a good faux Polynesian word. How about Pongo Pong? Tonga Pong? Pongynesia?

L
Lente posted on Sun, Jun 5, 2011 6:12 PM

You guys are geniuses. Tron Tiki and Galactiki...I cannot decide.

Hehe, you can kill a lot of time at work coming up with arcade/tiki names.

Robotiki 2084
Moai Invaders
Oceanic Rampage
Tikiroids (maybe not)
Bali-Zone
Poi Position
Tiki's Revenge
Pele's Lair
Super Tiki Fighter 2

Super Maori Brothers

J
JOHN-O posted on Sun, Jul 3, 2011 5:28 PM

On 2011-06-04 13:02, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Bally Hai

Spermy nailed it !!

There can be no other choice.

Photos please! I would love to put a mame arcade machine in my bar, but i prolly have no room for it.

L
Lente posted on Mon, Jul 4, 2011 2:11 PM

I'll post some pictures once it gets finished. Speaking of which, I should stop being lazy and post pictures of my bar.

Pages: 1 10 replies