Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Jumbo's Clown Room Hawaiian Luau, Saturday, June 11, 4-9pm

Pages: 1 7 replies

DG
Dr. G posted on Thu, Jun 9, 2011 12:15 AM

OK, so they're not roasting a pig, there'll only be several tropical drinks available (besides pina coladas I don't know which ones), and who knows what the gals will be wearing or what music to which they'll be dancing, but what better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than watching the young ladies you wish had been the girls next door when you were growing up presenting their version of tropical delight? For the uninitiated, Jumbo's is L.A.'s premier burlesque establishment, 41 years young and thriving. Besides, if the show's not to your liking there are numerous Thai restaurants in the immediate area and the Tiki Ti is only a couple minutes east down the street. 5153 Hollywood Boulevard, 5 blocks east of Western and one block west of Normandie, plenty of parking available. No cover charge but please tip your bartenders and dancers. They open at 4pm but I'd recommend coming at 5 or later to let them get all the girls get on shift and the staff to get into their groove. What else ya gonna do that's likely this much fun on a Saturday afternoon in Hollywood anyway?

"burlesque establishment" is putting it mildly...... I prefer to think of it as one of the last of the seedy dive bar strip clubs left. Although i haven't been there since the 90's, I'm actually glad none of those women lived anywhere near me......hopefully they are better lookin there these days..... don't get me wrong - love this place for all the right reasons and wish i could be there for what promises to be an amusing event. This is the only strip bar i've been in where the stripper actually yelled at us because we weren't tipping fast enough and claimed we were ignoring her (we (my buddies and I ) were in the middle of an intense coversation, sorry!)

J
JOHN-O posted on Thu, Jun 9, 2011 5:45 AM

What a fantastic event !! Thanks Gus. Unfortunately I'm out of town. :(

CJ

I'm looking forward to this event that will be much better than all those over commercialized Buffett style tiki events like Oasissy and that one in Palm Springs with the bro dog promoter.

Toe took me there once after a Lal luz show and lemme tell you...
it is a DIVE!
You get scabies just watching the girls...

A

Do they have any Scottish Clown Doctors?

-Randy

DG
Dr. G posted on Thu, Jun 9, 2011 1:56 PM

No, Randy, they don't although I have thought of these gals doing something similar along those lines as both they do a few clown-themed shows in-house each year and that L.A. Children's Hospital is just several blocks away. However they'd likely have to pose as an independent troupe as both hospital management in addition to parents already traumatized by their child's medical misfortunes may not be thrilled with them being entertained by dive bar sirens...

Pages: 1 7 replies