Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Authentic Mauna Loa Tiki Cup... (1961-1964)

Pages: 1 1 replies

J
jmack posted on Sat, Jun 11, 2011 9:28 AM

Hey Guys,

I've posted a couple times before.. .I had a total of 8 of these cups... I wanted to keep the last two for myself.

I was being stingy, Im a Detroit history buff, these cups are from a now defunct restaurant called the "Mauna Loa" which existed from 1961-64 (i believe).

I discovered these cups in my grandmother's garage a few years ago. I've actually auctioned a few off after finding they were pretty rare!

Anyway, I took the money from the first ones I auctioned off and sent grandma on a nice trip!! So thank you all for that!!

Sad to say grandmother has since passed and we've come upon hard financial times so I want to sell them to someone who will enjoy them and get some cash to help offset our horrid medical bills.

So I started one auction to sell this first cup. I will be selling another cup, which is the last and final one I have, in a week or so.

After these are gone, theres no more. They are over 50 years old, and I have no more after that... I REALLY would love to keep them in all honesty. I have a room in my house dedicated to Detroit history, and I'll be sad to see them go.

anyway, heres the link, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns or if you need additional photos Im more than happy to take more and email them to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250836476689

Again, this is authentic, the real deal. Still even has the original sticker on them, which means theyve never been put through a dishwasher or used.

Thanks again!

J
jmack posted on Sun, Jun 12, 2011 2:27 PM

PLEASE NOTE!!! THIS IS NOT A TRIBUTE OR REPLICA CUP.

THIS CUP IM LISTING IS A MAUNA LOA ORIGINAL. THIS IS NOT A REPLICA.

The cup is nearly 50 years old and hasnt a scratch on it!!

Get it before it sells! Looks like its got a bunch of watchers!!!! Thank you!

Pages: 1 1 replies