Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

small change: Google search

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hi guys,

Just a quick mention here, I changed the Google search on the main index page to only search Tiki Central. It will still use Google to do so.

Google is known for it's page ranking techniques, whereas Tiki Central's search is not. Tiki Central's search will list it by date, but Google will try to do a better job of listing the "most relevant" page for any search.

Let me know what you think.

T

Hanford,

Nice addition to the Tiki Central toolset. The TC search still has one advantage: it gives you the URL of a specific post within a thread, an advantage if you want a pointer to a specific post. The Google search yields a URL for the page containing the article(s) of interest, but may be more useful in finding the target of interest, after which one could refine the search to yield the URL of a specific post using the TC search.

Also of note, I've observed that a Google search of the entire internet for just about any tiki related topic more likely than not will yield Tiki Central references high in rank... an indication of the increasingly extensive body of knowledge contained within the TC database. At some point, Tiki Central will be dominant (may already be on quite a number of tiki subjects).

Thank you,

Tom

Perhaps a change not for the best, in trying to search a topic to see if I'm repeating a thread ...I had to be so vague , and I was searching for a topic I knew existed.. maybe a change for the better...This will put "Watchdog Grog" more on the alert for duplicators. Change is good, but not always better...8)

A

Well, I for one welcome this change. I can't tell you how many times I meant to search Tiki Central and not thinking used that Google box instead. Now it will actually do what I've wanted it to do! Thanks

Two thumbs up.

Pages: 1 4 replies