Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA 2012-Official Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 111 replies

B

Aloha!!!!!

First of all, HUGE mahalos to everyone who came out this year!! Best Ohana yet? I sure as hell think so!!

Now, right off the bat, for those who were there, you may have noticed that we announced next year’s dates. What I didn’t tell you was the SUPER HUGE AMAZING NEWS about next year…

A little TV show from the MTV network happens to be looking for ways to mix it up yet again, and instead of moving them to Cali, or some tropical island, they’ve decided to move the cast every two weeks during the summer to a different resort town throughout the United States.

And YES! Lake George is one of those resort towns!

And YES!! They will be there during the weekend of Ohana next year!

And YES!!! After MUCH negotiating and haggling, I convinced the producers that they should be our special VIP guests at the event!

I’m so excited, I’ve even gone so far as to re-brand the event, just for next year!

So, mark your calendars…. Next year’s event is June 21st-24th, 2012.

Now that’s if you want to be there for the entire Kick-off party and everything, and I HIGHLY recommend coming in a day early, or staying a day or two later, so you can see all the great things Lake George has to offer, and rub elbows with our special celebrity guests!

But of course, you can adjust your days accordingly.

The Tiki is taking reservations NOW, although they do require a deposit for Friday & Saturday nights.

Call them direct at 518-668-5744 and be sure to mention OHANA, and that you’re coming for the event.

Tickets wont be on sale until early next year, but we’re already hard at work!!

This is one you don’t wanna miss!!

Prepare to have the time of your life, catch some rays, and fist pump the night away, at our very first….

DTF, Bargoyle

Ok, yeah, I’m totally messing with you.

But those ARE the dates, and we’ll have a post-Ohana questionnaire in a week or so to get your feedback on the event.

We’ll also have some merch up for sale on the website soon, and the Tiki Resort is looking for ways to make itself even MORE tiki, so start thinking of suggestions for them.

More on all of that in the next email blast.

Enjoy the holiday weekend. Go blow something up!!

And thanks again for the greatest weekend of the year.

-B.

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2011-06-30 14:14 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2012-05-14 05:58 ]

Z

you had me going for a minute! mtv is so desperate for programs they just might do it.

booking a room as soon as my card can take the hit.

Bargoyle is crazy enough and convincing enough to pull off a stunt like that. Of course we might have held a Viking funeral down at the lakeshore afterwards.

Anyway...

See you at the Lake!

I plan on making this my first Ohana so please don't go givin' those people at MTV any ideas.

On 2011-07-01 15:28, rev_thumper wrote:
Of course we might have held a Viking funeral down at the lakeshore afterwards.

Wait..... Am I bringing the Viking Helmets or not?

T

On 2011-07-01 20:07, Chip and Andy wrote:

On 2011-07-01 15:28, rev_thumper wrote:
Of course we might have held a Viking funeral down at the lakeshore afterwards.

Wait..... Am I bringing the Viking Helmets or not?

Why not? It could be interesting.

OK you totally got me.. I was like "Nooooo!! I finally discovered something cool and it's gonna be ruined by Jersey Shore trash!" hahaha [whew]

Before any New Jerseyites get all upset... I'm referring to the SHOW Jersey Shore which only has one cast member who is actually from NJ. But I did grow up in NJ so that makes me qualified to call out Jersey shore trash when I see it :wink:

B

From todays email... I'm breaking it into two since some is for next year, and some for this year... which thread am I in again?

I hope I do this right...

...And sorry about the little joke last week. For those of you viewing on smart-phones, you probably didn’t get to the end (I know some of you didn’t by the amount of “Are you crazy!?!?!” emails that I received), so let me just assure you, MTV will NOT be present at next year’s Ohana. Neither will the Jersey Shore cast, or, the Real Housewives of Wherever, or Celebrity Rehab stars. We don’t believe in VIPs or special guests… as far as I’m concerned, you are ALL our VIPs!

No, it will be business as usual (not that its ever “usual”) out at the Lake, and we will once again cap attendance, to keep the event at that magic size that seems to work so well.

So, mark your calendars…. Next year’s event is June 21st-24th, 2012.

That’s if you want to be there for the entire Kick-off party and everything. The event proper is Friday, the 22nd – Sunday the 24th. And as always, I recommend coming in a day or two early or staying a day or two later to see all that wonderful wacky kitschy Lake George has to offer.

And yes, The Tiki is taking reservations NOW, although they do require a deposit for Friday & Saturday nights.

Call them direct at 518-668-5744 and be sure to mention OHANA, and that you’re coming for the event.

Tickets won’t be on sale until early next year, but we’re already hard at work!!

Ok, I think that was it for next year... the rest of the email is in the 2011 thread.

if you dont get my semi-coherent babbling emails, and want to, you can still sign up at http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

Z

See you there!

I was warming up the "Laser Satellite" in preparation to destroying everything within a 10 mile
radius of you, I mean I was in a 5 second countdown to press the button!
so don't kid around like that! it can get you vaporized.

Great news!!

The Fraternal Order of Moai, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(10) organization, is pleased to announce the details of the 2011 annual donation to our national charity, the Easter Island Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Order has donated $6,500 to the foundation to fund two scholarships for Rapa Nui students attending college and also provide support for the foundation's general fund. This gift renews and enlarges The Fraternal Order of Moai Scholarship and The Fraternal Order of Moai Tangata Manu Scholarship as well. Funds for this gift, including a portion of general event proceeds as well as silent auction and mystery bowl auction donations, were raised at Ohana Luau at the Lake 2011 in Lake George, New York.

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2011/11/07/fom-sends-2011-donation-to-eif

Can't wait to do it again in 2012!!

Z

that is awesome news. see you in june!

And speaking of 2012...

Yes, rooms are still available at the Tiki Resort for Ohana 2012 but don't wait too long! To make your reservation, call the hotel directly at 518-668-5744 and ask for the Ohana Room Block. There is a minimum stay of two nights and an advance deposit is required when the reservation is made. (Note: in the off-season, call Monday-Friday during daytime hours.)

Already booked our reservations for 2012 on the last day of Ohana 2011. Looking forward to having another blast and raising tons more money for a wonderful chairity!

C

Here's a little video to help tide you over to the next Ohana & relive the memories :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUH0zPdWZH0

I can almost feel the sun in Lake George from my computer monitor!

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Jan 9, 2012 6:50 AM

We've been working to get things in line for Ohana 2012 & I am very happy to say that we've got some good stuff up on the new 2012 website for your viewing pleasure, including a new & improved Entertainment page!

Check it out & get a taste of what you'll be hearing in June :D
http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

The Ohana entertainment line-up includes.....

Thee Swank Bastards
The 9th wave
Bamboo Saxotica
Pablus
Velveteen Lounge Channels Hurricane Hattie
The Granite Tiki

& MORE to be announced SOON!!

B

For those who prefer their email delivered on a message board, here's yesterday's Ohana email blast!! Its a long one... grab a drink, put your feet up, and try to muddle through it:

Aloha Hep Cats and Kittens!!!

And welcome to Episode 2 of the new “Non-Rambling” email format!

I'M ON A BOAT!

On 2012-01-18 12:59, Johnny Dollar wrote:
I'M ON A BOAT!

And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat.

(obscure Lyle Lovett reference to make Andy giggle when she reads this tomorrow)

Check out Bargoyle chatting about Ohana Luau at the Lake 2012 on Koop Kooper's Cocktail Nation podcast episode 204.

http://cocktailnation.net/

C

Ohana Luau at the Lake is to announcing that The Tiki Resort is SOLD OUT for Ohana 2012 weekend!!!

BUT - never fear! We will soon be announcing the back-up hotel(s) :D

WATCH THIS SPACE or our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/OhanaLuau for more soon on the many other lodging options in Lake George.

AND.....importantly.....Tickets will be going on sale very SOON, too.

So Stay Tuned - GOHANA!!!!!

B

Hey Folks,

For those who don't get the emails, tickets for Ohana go on sale TOMORROW!!

Mahalo, and we'll see you at the Lake!!!

Got my tickets!

See you ON the lake at the kick-off party!

T

On 2012-01-27 06:58, rev_thumper wrote:
Got my tickets!

See you ON the lake at the kick-off party!

See you there. We got ours.

Z

yes! i was asleep at the switch and missed the hotel room. at least I got to the tickets before it sold out. off to find a room!

T

Room and tickets...check! Can't wait for june.

Cheap ass rooms still left at some fleabag motel called Lake View Inn.
With AAA, it was only $80.10 a night.
AND it's only .2 miles from the Tiki.
WHOOP WHOOP.

Z

not a fan of fleabags so i am booked at the other office hotel (Fort William Henry)

B

Some of the hotels in the area are really nice. Lots of cool little mom & pop motels with little log cabins and such, but I only know (have seen inside) a few of them. I'll try to find my old post with a list of ones I know are pretty good.

And so far, there's only ONE I've heard nightmares about, and its the one semi-across the street from The Tiki. I don't remember the name (I'll do a google street view or something to find it) but its too bad because it would make a great over-flow hotel for its location! It had a bunch of nautical flags hanging over it and a faux ship's mast over the lobby. I know, I know, it sounds cool, but those who have stayed there said they'd never do it again and switched motels after the first night!

As with any hotel though, Your Mileage May Vary. You never know if you just had a bad housekeeper or if the problems are systemic at any given place, so I don't want to throw too many stones, but I also want you to be made aware of possible problems.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with trying to save a few bucks, and everyone, please be sure to let us know how the places are (if you stay elsewhere). If you find a great place, we'll try to work a deal with them next year. If you find a rat-hole, let us know so we can avoid it like cheap rum!

Let me see if I can jog the working synapses in my brain for info on the "bad" motel. And in the meantime, tickets are going pretty fast! About 50% sold out for Ohana, and 70% sold out for the boat!!!

Dont delay! Buy today!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2012-01-30 06:20 ]

I've got up until the day before we check in to cancel, so if any other suggestions sound better, I'll definitely move my reservation.
I went with this place cause it was less than a quarter mile from the Tiki and the price was right. Plus, we'll only be there to pass out and take showers. However, if there are rats gnawing on the carpet when I open the door, I'll sleep in the parking lot.

B

On 2012-01-30 08:05, CucamongaChango wrote:
I've got up until the day before we check in to cancel, so if any other suggestions sound better, I'll definitely move my reservation.
I went with this place cause it was less than a quarter mile from the Tiki and the price was right. Plus, we'll only be there to pass out and take showers. However, if there are rats gnawing on the carpet when I open the door, I'll sleep in the parking lot.

LOL. I'm sure it'll be fine. I tried street view on google but cant make out the signs... Loks like it started with an "S". The photos are all from 2009 as well, so it was kind of cool to see what was left of GasLight Village still standing (its 100% gone now).

And hey, as long as you're in town, its all good!! Safe travels, and we'll see ya at the Lake!!

and thanks again for promoting the east coast's best tiki event!

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Feb 3, 2012 2:56 PM

Is it June, yet????

I'm SO ready! :D

Still lots of work to do before June!

B

Ok, so for those who don't get the emails (y u no get emails?) here is a copy of S4E5 (its long, but its all about the awesomeness of the room crawl! Worth a read imho):

Ahoy!!!

More news for you from the Barg-Cave on ice-planet Hoth:

#1) We have back up hotels in place for those who didn’t get rooms at the Tiki. As mentioned before, we’ve got the Ft William Henry, but now we’ve got the Holiday Inn Turf (right across the street) on board as well! All the info is on the webpage: http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/event.php Do NOT wait to book one of these hotels. Rooms are VERY limited, as we are there for the start of the summer season this year. I can’t stress it enough. Book a room as soon as you can.

#2) If you haven’t bought your Ohana tickets yet, you may want to think about getting that done too. Soon. The event is over half way sold out, and the Kick-Off Boat trip is already over ¾ full!! Don’t delay, buy today! http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/tickets.php Seriously, once we’re full, that’s it. Tickets will be cut off once we’re at capacity, so don’t get left out of the fun, or left standing on the dock!

#3) We need you (and some of your closest friends) to host a room for the room crawl!! Mix your drink, put out the tip jar, and wow the crowd with your host/hostess skills!! Contact Rev. Thumper at [email protected] to get in on the action!!. (More info on this below)

#4) Because more than a few of you have asked, YES, our old pal Squid is once again designing an event mug for us, and YES, once again its absolutely amazing. And to continue the yesing, YES, it will only be available to Ohana attendees (until after the event), and YES, if you have purchased tickets you will be able to pre-order the mug. More on the mug front (and maybe a little sneak preview) coming really soon.

And there’s much more to come on everything!!! Sooooon.

Mahalos to those who have already purchased tickets, and as always, we’ll see ya at the Lake!!

-Bargoyle

Ok, much to discuss, but I’ll break it down over the next few emails. I don’t want these things to get overwhelming, and we certainly don’t want to email you to the point of annoyance. Close, but juuuust shy of annoyance. Too late? Ok, I’ll hold em back from now on. I promise. Really. Pinky swear. No more than 3 a week. No? ok, tw- no huh? Ok, fine. Once a week. Probably less. A lot less. All this rambling takes a lot out of me!

Ok, for this one I want to talk about the Room Crawl (hosts in particular…we’ll get into crawler’s etiquette in a later email).

Sooooo, what has two thumbs and freaking LOVES the room crawl? Oh yeah, this guy right here!!

And I know you do too! Well, I’m assuming about the thumbs, but I KNOW you love the crawl too!

If you’ve joined us before, you already know that the crawl is one of the best parts of Ohana. If you haven’t joined us in the past, basically it’s a bunch of fellow tikiphiles who graciously open the doors to their room (Or set up a table in front of it) and serve some of the most creative, delicious, fantabulous drinks/snacks/goodies you’ve ever had, all during the downtimes on Friday when the bands are changing over. Friday is the “party night”, and the crawl hosts make it like a dozen little parties within a party!! It’s a multiparty party eating its own party-tail into an infinite party of party proportions! Party!!

OK, you get the picture. Its pretty much the sauce on the awesome that is Ohana.

And our hosts do this out of their love of tiki, the event, the people, and their undying Aloha spirit. It is truly moving how much creativity they (you!!) all bring, and it really helps make the event live up to its name. Ohana is family, and nowhere is it more apparent than on Friday night when everyone mingles en mass, spurred on by our amazing hosts. So, if you’re crawling, be sure to TIP each room you go to. Show the love back with a couple bucks.

Now, maybe you’ve crawled in the past years, and you’re ready to step up and host? If so, awesome!! Good for you! Hosting a crawl room is the absolute easiest way to meet just about everyone at the event, forge some new life-long friendships, have a ton of fun, and help keep the event going as the special weekend that it is. If you’re ready to take the plunge reach out to the Reverend at [email protected] and let him know. And a few words of advice to potential hosts:

#1 Don’t feel that you have to go overboard with décor. Some of our guests are operating at a level that just floors me year after year. Broadway sets and stagecraft have nothing on these folks, but don’t feel you need to “keep up with the Joneses”. Case in point, my favorite room I co-hosted was “The Ironic Tiki Room” with just a handful of the worst chain-store tiki décor we could find strewn haphazardly around the room (but with a killer drink!). I thought it was hilarious. Someday I’m going to take it to the next level. I keep saying that if I had the time to host a room during Ohana it would be nothing but black sheets on the floor, walls, and ceiling with a single exposed light bulb over a vat of cocktails, while I sit in a folding lawn chair in the corner wearing boxers and a white tank top. The “Shut Up, Drink It, And Get The F*ck Out Room”. Ah, someday…. Anyway, for your room, go as over the top, or as minimalist as you want!! Its your room. Do what you want. The mere fact that you’re hosting and helping out the event makes you aces in everyone’s book, regardless of your décor. Just make sure that drink kicks ass. :wink: lol.

#2 Don’t feel that you need to stick with a “tiki” theme. The entire resort is tiki!! We’ve got tiki out the wazoo!! Feel free to show us another side of yourself! Rock-a-billy, hot rods, pin ups, monster movies… there is soooo much that fits right along with Tiki. Hell, even if it doesn’t “fit” it still fits!!! The “Star Wars, Legos, Batman, and Black Sabbath Room” would be a room you couldn’t drag me out of without tranquillizer darts…just sayin’. I mean, everyone has diverse interests. Feel free to show them off! Or, if you’d like to stay on theme and make the place that much tikier for the night/weekend, that’s awesome as well!! More than awesome! Double-Plus-Amesome!!

#3 Get some help! No, not the kind of mental health help I’m obviously in desperate need of, I mean help as in grab a couple friends to help you out. Share the load with mixing and decorating beforehand. And with the rooms only open for an hour and a half during the crawl (although you’re welcome to re-open after the crawl for a late night free-for-all) if you have a couple of folks to help, you can take “shifts” so you all still get to see the other rooms!

#4 Go by YOUR schedule. Mix as much or as little of a drink as you’re comfortable with. When it runs out, you close your doors. Or if you have extra, you’ll have lots of new best friends late night and/or Saturday! Make a snack to go with your cocktail… or don’t. Again, its your room. You’re the host. All we ask is that you open on time for the slot you’re in, and that you close by the time that slot is over. That’s it. The rest is entirely up to you! It IS a good idea to have your drink pre-mixed however. Waiting to “live-mix” a drink for each person makes for a loooong room line that never goes down. If you make a big old batch of your drink that’s easy to serve, everything flows a lot better. Plus, between now and June, you get to make and test out big old VATS of drinks!! If you need a taste tester, I’m available most Sunday afternoons now that football season is over. (After this Sunday, of course).

#5 Relax and have fun!! Cause that’s what its all about.

Keep in mind that the crawl doesn’t happen without YOU, our hosts, and its truly a “more the merrier” kind of activity. So, what are you waiting for? Step on up and help make this year’s Ohana even better than last years! A tall order, I know, but we can do it! And you can help!!

And again, super huge mega thanks to all those who have hosted in the past. We hope you’ll grace us with your hospitality again. And hopefully we’ll see some new hosts this year as well!!!

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to fight crime. To the Barg--wait. FIGHT crime!?!?!? Is that right? Or is supposed to be “off to commit crime”? I’m not sure. I’ll decide on the way. To the Bargmobile, chum!!!!

B

Hey folks,

Looks like LAST CALL on boat tickets. We've got VERY FEW left, so if you can join us on Thursday, now is the time to jump on them. You can buy your Ohana ticket at the same time, or if cash is tight (I know the feeling) just buy the boat tickets now so you dont miss out, and buy the Ohana tickets on the next paycheck.

Mahalo! And we'll see ya at the Lake!!

Don't miss the boat!

Stop by Facebook and see if you can guess the Ohana 2012 rum sponsors from the posted hints.

http://www.facebook.com/OhanaLuau

Z

El Dorado!

awesome!

Ohana is "fun with a purpose" and the results are real. Two scholarships have been awarded with funds raised at Ohana 2011. Mahalo to everyone who supported Ohana 2011, another great year.

Come out to the Lake and join us this year!

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2012/03/07/fom-2012-scholarships-awarded-by-eif

B

Because folks have asked who-all is gonna be at Ohana this year selling awesomeness, and because it got kinda buried in the email blast yesterday, lets chat about Sponsors and Vendors and Auctions, oh my!!!

Two words: Bring Cash. Or credit cards. Or a check book. Ok, nine words.

Yes, the tiki-starved North East will once again be inundated with pure amazing for sale/auction all day Saturday!

The SILENT AUCTION will be back, with one-of-a-kind goodies and more cool stuff than you can shake a tiki pole at, with 100% of the proceeds going to charity!! Take the time to check out all the items our friends, hosts, sponsors, and vendors have donated, and place your bid on the special tiki item of your dreams!

And as much as we’d like you to donate ALL of your cash at the Silent Auction buying killer cool stuff that benefits the EIF, I should probably tell you to save some money for the amazing Vendors we’ll have on site this year!

Here’s a list to get you salivating:

SPONSORS (Most of whom will be onsite with products to buy, win, sample,or share!)

Brinley Gold Rum ( http://www.brinleygoldrum.com )
Frankies Tiki Room ( http://www.frankiestikicentral.com )
Royer ( http://www.royercorp.com )
Barritts Ginger Beer ( http://www.barrittsgingerbeer.bm )
El Dorado Rum ( http://www.theeldoradorum.com )
Denizen Rum ( http://www.denizenrum.com )
Santa Teresa Rum ( http://www.ronsantateresa.com )
Velveteen Lounch Kitsch-en ( http://www.velveteenloungekitsch-en.com )
Fee Brothers ( http://www.feebrothers.com )
Grace Black Vintage ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/graceblackvintage )
SquidArt.com ( http://www.squidart.com )
Bols ( http://www.bolscocktails.com )
Tiki Magazine ( http://www.tikimagazine.com )
Cats Like Us ( http://catslikeus.com )
• **DeTiki ** ( http://delandtiki.com )

And before I go any further, a HUGE tip of the fez to the folks in that list above. Without our Sponsors, Ohana simply would not be possible. For reals. Support these folks in any way you can, and be sure to give ‘em a nice “Mahalo!” during the event! Check out the webpage for all the cool bells & whistles and links to their sites (in case I mistyped something above): http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/sponsorship.php

VENDORS
Velveteen Lounge Kitsch-en
Cats Like Us
Barritt’s Ginger Beer
Taboo Island
DeTiki
Grace Black Vintage
Fashion Tramp
Rum Sample Table
Tortutga Tile Works
Baby’s First Tiki
Brazen Betties
Tiki East
Lucky Flagg Boutique
Lake Tiki
Old Clothes
Zanti Jewelry

You can get all the skinny on the vendors on the webpage as well at : http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/vendors.php

Look for all the action out under the Big Top, rain or shine (Seriously… we’ve got a GIANT tent to cover the entire vending area, so no worries about weather. And since we’re finally prepared, that means it won’t rain, but it’ll be nice and shaded and cool under there!)

Holy crapnuggets that’s quite a list!!

And I think I typed “Rum Sample” in there? Is that right? Free Rum? Two of my favorite words put together in a two word sentence!?!?!?!? Can someone double-check that? Caroline, is that corre…. It is? Really? You’re not just messing with me right? Hmmmm.

Ok, so uhhh, emergency meeting with our Volunteers!! I may be uhhh… “unavailable” for most of Saturday, so we’ll have to re-divide some of the responsibilities here. We’ll figure it out at the next meeting.

That’s all folks!

See ya at the Lake!!!

-bargoyle

Update.... rum samples are for attendees only. Bargoyles are not eligible.

B

On 2012-03-25 16:17, rev_thumper wrote:
Update.... rum samples are for attendees only. Bargoyles are not eligible.

Rats!

Guess I'll just be pounding dollar beers all day again. lol

On 2012-03-28 05:21, Bargoyle wrote:
Guess I'll just be pounding dollar beers all day again.

True statement.

Looks to me like high top con's are part of the dress code?

B

I do too much running around to rock the open toes. Blew out a tendon one year wearing sandals. Yowch!! So yeah, the Converse give me a little support while wooshing around the resort. (Caroline, get Converse as a sponsor!!!)

But as an attendee, I assure you, the walking is limited, especially on Saturday, so wear whatever you want on your feet (including nothing at all!), chill with a beer, cocktail, water, or root-beer float (from the A&W next door) and soak it all in.

And while we're on the topic of soaking in, why not soak in this latest email blast from my screaming head-voices? (Nice segue huh?)

******* Email S4E7 - Viva La Musica!!! *******

Hola Gatos y Pollos!!

Me llamo Bargoyle. ….uhhh… Donde esta casa de Pepe? Mucho Gusto!!! Feliz Cinco De Mayo!!!

Huh? Its April!?!?!?!?

Ok, nevermind, I’m not doing this email in Spanish, #1 because I’m supposed to keep everything short, simple, and understandable, #2 I’m off by a month for the 5th of May holiday, and #3 because I’ve pretty much exhausted my entire vocabulary of the espanol. (plus I don’t know how to make that little N-with-a-hat thing in this email program.)

So, today… La Musica!!!!

As you know, the music is a big part of Ohana. It sets the mood for the weekend, and whether you’re right up front and grooving out to it, or letting it wash over you from the back row, its all amazing, and we’ve got some super talented folks bringing the jams this year!

Confirmed so far, in no particular order (and be sure to check out the webpage for sample music clips and more info on each act!):

Waitiki - We are thrilled that they’re joining us again, and with the Professor living back in Hawaii, this is quite possibly the only time most of us will get to see them in 2012. Pull a seat up close and get your bird-calls ready for the masters of modern day exotica. B’wana!!!!

Thee Swank Bastards - All the way from Vegas, bringing their wacky, wild underground sound to the shores of Lake George for the first time, the Bastards will rock your socks off…unless you’re barefoot. You’ve been warned!

Pablus - What can I say about this guy? I love this guy. Pablus IS aloha. Period. Always there with a smile, a story, and a song, Pablus’ cherubic voice and haunting ukulele will whisk you away on a tour of sun baked tropical islands and leave you wanting more.

**Bamboo Saxotica **- These cats have become one of my favorite parts of Ohana! From such humble beginnings, they continue to impress me year after year. Bringing big band exotica, hapa, surf, and fun classics, Bamboo Saxotica always has a few tricks and surprises up their sleeves. Prepare to be dazzled!

9th Wave - Sure, 9th Wave rocks the surf, spy, sci-fi, exotica thing but more than that, these folks are Ohana staples because they bring the Aloha, big time. Super great folks in a Kick-Ass band, don’t be surprised to see them pop up with a surprise acoustic jam, or tasty snack treats!

Hurricane Hattie - Ok, not THE Hurricane Hattie (she passed many moons ago) but the next best thing, as Velveteen Lounge presents an homage to the ribald entertainer who once called The Tiki Resort home. Hattie’s coming home again, don’t miss it!

The Granite Tiki - Last, and certainly not least, the hardest working man at Ohana, The Granite Tiki. As if fronting Bamboo Saxotica and running the sound for ALL the bands wasn’t enough, Granite brings his amazing uke-sylings to the Paradise Lounge on Saturday afternoon. Grab a drink, take a load off, and let Granite take the wheel. I guarantee you’ll enjoy the ride.

More!!! We’ll have great exotica, Hawaiian, surf, etc on the stage PA at all times, we’ve stocked the juke box in the Tiki’s lounge with classic 45s, and you never know when a uke jam is going to break out. Add in some late night sing-a-longs at the drive-in movies, and the music truly doesn’t stop until you do.

As I mentioned above, you can get the whole skinny (and hear some tunes!) on the website at: http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/entertainment.php

Can’t wait to see you all at the Lake!!

Peace & Love, Peace & Love,
Bargoyle

ps. Buy tickets here: http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/tickets.php

Z

hey is there a cocktail contest this year?

Pages: 1 2 3 111 replies