Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mauna Loa Detroit (1967): Thank you.

Pages: 1 0 replies

J
jmack posted on Sat, Jul 2, 2011 5:15 AM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to drop in and say thank you all for being quite an amazing community. A year or two ago I came across some interesting cups that I google'd based on their inscription on the bottom "Mauna Loa Detroit". Which brought me to a bio about the Mauna Loa restaraunt here on TikiCentral.

Since then I sold all but 2 of the cups to you guys and others and due to financial hardship, I'm actually even selling the 2 cups I wanted to keep. Actually I sold one, I have one left.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all because I would have never learned as much as I did about this incredible establishment had it not been for you all. I consider myself to be a Detroit history buff. Im absolutely obsessed with the city's history, so it came as a shock that I had never heard about this restaurant in all my reading about Detroit. So thanks to you guys, I've seen photos, read articles and learned that I coudl go to the wayne state campus to find even more great info.

So thank you guys. and its with a heavy heart I also announce I'm letting go of my last antique mauna loa cup. It really sucks, I want to keep it, but I need the money. Im also throwing in an authentic mauna loa swizzle stick, which is the only one I have. Once the cup and swizzle are gone, that wraps it up for me with mauna loa stuff.... sad... but I guess we all have to move on right?

Thank you all for being an AWESOME and nice community. I never realized how amazingly huge the Tiki subculture is Its like you guys have a whole little underground all to yourselves! Thanks again everyone, and if you want to check out the last and final cup Im selling you can see the listing for it under the Tiki Marketplace here on the forums.

Thanks!

-JMack

Pages: 1 0 replies