Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dancing Tehani presents...VAUDE-NOUVEA at Don's every Thursday Night

Pages: 1 1 replies

Dancing Tehani presents...
VAUDE-NOUVEAU!
A Showcase of International Performers & World Champions!
Thursdays, 8pm at Don the Beachcomber
$10 cover

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY FOR A DIFFERENT SHOW!

Surprise Opening Acts, Award-Winning Feature Artists and Something New from Tehani Every Week!

--We are in the LongBoard Room--

July 7, this Thursday's Feature Artist:

ERIC SCHWARTZ

Since arriving recently in Los Angeles from NYC, Eric's talents as a first-rate composer / lyricist have quickly been noticed and employed. He composed the theme song for Harrison On The Edge, a liberal radio talk show in Los Angeles, wrote and performed the theme song, "Alcohol," for the inaugural episode of "A Pretty Good Show" at the Vanguard in Los Angeles, hosted by Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development, Golden Girls), and wrote for Eliza Jane Schneider (South Park, Beakman's World). Eric's song "Clinton Got A Blowjob" recently won first prize in the Comedy / Novelty Category in the 2009 International Songwriting Competition.

See you there!!!

ALOHA

This coming Thursday we have a terrific show and I hope you can join us!

Same Day: Thursday! The new Friday...
Same Time: 8pm (Hawaiian time, ok?)
Same Place: Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach, CA

Visit the V.N. page for more info: http://www.dancingtehani.com/html/vaude-nouveau.html

See You There!

VAUDE-NOUVEAU #3
•Opening Act by the Prolific ERIC MORAGO (www.ericmorago.com)
•Featured Artist of the Night is the Incomparable MAKINTO! (www.makinto.com)
•And, of course, I'll be closing the show with something new :wink:

A Bit on Featured Artist: Makinto

Makinto is one of my favorite musicians in the world! No joke, that's not a superlative, it's true! I'm sooo excited and honored to have him in our showcase! I used to think I was a musician until I met this man (hehe, I've only studied it my whole life); he is absolutely phenomenal!

There are too many good things to say about Makinto who is a humanitarian, musician, educator and so much more! Among his many performance highlights and accomplishments, Makinto has hosted TV shows in both France and Germany, fluently speaks six languages, has performed for the Pope and Nelson Mandela, has toured all over the world, been appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations (wow) and is the director of AMAHORO INTERNATIONAL, a Christian mission outreach ministry recently doing a trip to Mombasa Kenya -- in short, Makinto is an inspirational ARTS HERO!

And, to top it all off... on top of his amazing talent and experience, he has the amazing ability to beatbox in a flute in a way I have never heard! It is such a treat to see Makinto perfom - don't miss this show!

Pages: 1 1 replies