Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

let's see some ceilings and all the hanging artifacts

Pages: 1 16 replies

I love the look of a ceiling with some interesting /oddball stuff hanging from it. Love floats, cargo nets, burlap sacks and so forth. So let's see what interesting stuff y'all like or have seen.

The ceiling at hubert's huli huli haus is a work in progress, I recently bought more items not yet in seen in these pictures;

Smiley Man wins!!

M

Thanks, Jungle Trader, but others are going to beat the netting offa me! You will see...

My view from the bed room onto my front porch:

Sven,

You must be back. Nice view to wake up to in the morning.

For sheer volume of artifacts on the ceiling, I always liked the Hawaiian Luau Restaurant at Fontainebleau Motor Hotel in New Orleans.

DC

Wow, Bruce! Nice tiki bar and ceiling. Feel free to invite me for your next get together so I can bask in the tikiness. I've been super busy with the World Series of Poker but its over now and I'm gonna have a tiki party real soon. My bar (and ceiling) are a work in progress, but I'm ready to break it in with the TC ohana!

Bahooka has some crazy stuff going on if I recall..

I think I only one hanging artifact, a gaudy Mexican pottery parrot. Will that move me to the Caribbean Bar thread? :lol:

Really Mike, I am disappointed! What the...?

Yeah, Bahooka has resin floats-a-plenty, and so did Kelbo's:

A couple of the floats on my porch are from there.

Okay, Mike, you asked for it...

:lol:

Bear :drink:

:lol: It was a gift from my daughter. We have a lot of high winds and my tiki space is outdoors, most hanging accessories wouldn't survive

MT

Here is part of my ceiling. It's, uh, on the floor...

It's what I like to call a "work in progress" :lol:

MT

Speaking of ceilings, more ceiling panel construction is going on as we speak.

Glad to see this thread...I was just suggesting to Bamboo Ben recently that a ceiling thread would be helpful for those of us who still have this work to do in our lounges.

I hope to get my ceiling done by next year, so seeing the many options in this one thread will be great. I like the tapa on the ceiling with a dropped bamboo grid look and then the must-have hanging items...so think I will be doing something along that line.

Keep those pictures coming. :)

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2011 3:27 PM

Aloha!

I've been meaning to post pics of my bedroom ceiling here for a while, so in response to Tiki Diablo & VampiressRN's call for pics I present "TikiG's lair" -

• the entrance doorway

• the thatched A-frame over the bed

• random netting and its catch of the day

• more netting. Notice the captured coconut monkeys ala Kirby's Rumpus Room

• looking south from the bed, with flash

• same view, without flash

• more netting with more captured goodies (lightened a little to bring up detail)

• another grouping of captured coconut monkeys

All of the materials installed using a staple gun - for ease of eventual removal. The ceiling is standard sprayed acoustic popcorn covered in a roll of black weed control fabric bought at Home Depot. Various netting bought from eBay (cheap!) All other decor installed as I accumulate stuff - a work in progress as always. Throw in a couple of fluorescent black lights and you can achieve a stunning result without a major cash outlay...this is proof! Hope you all dig it. Cheers! G

Fabulous pics.

Timing is everything...I just bought a 14 ft by 16.5 ft piece of tapa which will almost cover my ceiling. Just collecting items right now, so when the project starts I should have a decent amount of swag.

Horrors of horrors...my most fun hanging item...my Tiki bike...I think that baby will be looking fabulous when my ceiling gets done.

Not my ceiling...but would like a bamboo grid like this...hint hint to BB when I can afford the project.

Pages: 1 16 replies