Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Taco Bell Hawaii Cups

Pages: 1 31 replies

This was spotted in a Taco Bell in Hawaii.

Notice the kapa pattern. Look familiar to anyone?

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2011-07-27 17:31 ]

T

Hmmm... Do they have dark green cups? :wink:

Nice Hawaiian' pride.
Good that Taco Bell Corp., is climbing on board.

Good info, Hartford.

Taco Central...kinda has a ring to it...

First the Ooga Mooga wallpaper and now this Taco Central scandal! Will the piracy never end?

On 2008-10-14 03:32, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Several hours in Disney World, no club sandwich, seeing my old neighborhood (there are peacocks roaming the yards), some decent stuff at Polynesian Village, visiting with long lost family (ya know there is a reason for that)....hmmm, can I get an earlier flight out? Oh, and what is at SFO, in the international terminal? The Tiki exhibit.

More Disney, eek!, but at least there's a pic of Jack Lord.

Okay, this is several years late, but I saw your photo again on page 1 in this post have to point this out.

It's not just Disney stuff you were sick of in that exhibit. Notice anything special about the wallpaper in the background? Does it seem familiar?

It's MY wallpaper I did for Humu for Ooga-Mooga. Yes, they took the wall paper, measuring a scant one inch across, and redrew it 100 times bigger, with new colors. I guess while painstakingly doing that, they didn't have the time to change some of it. I've had my Tiki backdrops taken before, but this is the first I've seen it get transfered into the real world.

I'm flattered, actually. Does this mean I've hit the big league, like the Banana Splits?

~Hanford

DC

TS

I just started "Bootleg Central"...Its chock full of good shit, but just not the originals and no credit is given to original artists... :lol:

Hanford-Great new logo......but that bell looks vaguely familiar!!! :wink:

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-07-29 08:33 ]

I thought we got hacked until I saw this post. Cute, Wendy

TikiLeaks!

Boooo-Wahhhh-hahahahahahaha!!!

good stuff!

:):):):)

J

Tiki Taco Central !!

"Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop AND tacos"

And there's actually a chain of restaurants in New Jersey called Tiki Taco...

http://www.tikitaco.com/

I'll take tacos to go with my Navy Grog over faux Chinese food any day of the week. :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-07-29 10:59 ]

THIS IS ALL JUST A BAD DREAM!!!

Someone wake me up please... !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hanford, I'd like a crunch wrap supreme with some extra sauce packets, and a large mountain dew. Do I paypal, or drive up to the next window?

I hope it wasn't my fault.
I built this Taco Bell tiki bar for Corp.
many moons ago...

Totally was your fault.

Howabout the Royal Hawaiian flyer?? Some part of me wishes that place would have just closed and gone away with its legendary status. It's a joke of what it once was. Sad.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. B.S. Thats straight up copyright infringement.

Another epic fail again with their advertising (at least they butchered the Buffet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2XphGofCE

[ Edited by: Mongoloid 2011-07-30 10:17 ]

Tiki Tacos? That's bizarre! No, that's frightening!

On 2011-07-29 16:06, Luckydesigns wrote:
Totally was your fault.

How about the Royal Hawaiian flyer?? Some part of me wishes that place would have just closed and gone away with its legendary status. It's a joke of what it once was. Sad.

So right Spike, I refuse to go to the place any more, The regular crowd (Laguna Meat Market scene) is the worst.
knowing what it use to look like makes me sad too.

The only cool item in the place is the big Doug Horne mask behind the bar.

So Taco Bell is Tiki now?

P

I dunno, the new logo makes me want to head to Taco Bell.
They're open 'til 3 you know...

Scanned this cup image out of a 1966 magazine.

Maybe now they will bring back the Chihulahula?

Bear

On 2011-07-28 08:23, Dustycajun wrote:
First the Ooga Mooga wallpaper and now this Taco Central scandal! Will the piracy never end?

On 2008-10-14 03:32, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Several hours in Disney World, no club sandwich, seeing my old neighborhood (there are peacocks roaming the yards), some decent stuff at Polynesian Village, visiting with long lost family (ya know there is a reason for that)....hmmm, can I get an earlier flight out? Oh, and what is at SFO, in the international terminal? The Tiki exhibit.

More Disney, eek!, but at least there's a pic of Jack Lord.

Okay, this is several years late, but I saw your photo again on page 1 in this post have to point this out.

It's not just Disney stuff you were sick of in that exhibit. Notice anything special about the wallpaper in the background? Does it seem familiar?

It's MY wallpaper I did for Humu for Ooga-Mooga. Yes, they took the wall paper, measuring a scant one inch across, and redrew it 100 times bigger, with new colors. I guess while painstakingly doing that, they didn't have the time to change some of it. I've had my Tiki backdrops taken before, but this is the first I've seen it get transfered into the real world.

I'm flattered, actually. Does this mean I've hit the big league, like the Banana Splits?

~Hanford

DC

Why to spread the Tiki love.
Hanford, maybe you should contact SFO to get your screen credit.

Thanks to sparkle mark who made the new logo.

MT

You gotta admit that this is perfect timing for this year's Tiki Oasis South Of The Border theme! :D

Can we rename the "Bilge" forum to Chalupa now? Please?

Chalupa! nice one... Soon all of the "menu" will change.

N

Do they serve this in the cups?

Nazi Taco Cocktail Recipe

Ingredients : - 1 part herbal liqueur (chartreuse,strega,izarra...)

• 1 part tequila
  • 1 part tabasco sauce

http://www.1001cocktails.com/recipes/mixed-drinks/301083/cocktail-nazi-taco.html

T

Someone at Taco Bell is a Tikiphile. Saw this commercial last week. How Ku is that?

On 2011-07-29 16:46, Mongoloid wrote:
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. B.S. Thats straight up copyright infringement.

Another epic fail again with their advertising (at least they butchered the Buffet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2XphGofCE

[ Edited by: Mongoloid 2011-07-30 10:17 ]

Ummm....Buffett didn't write or record that song. :)

On 2012-01-08 22:25, TikiVato wrote:
Someone at Taco Bell is a Tikiphile. Saw this commercial last week. How Ku is that?

Very Ku.

W

We have those Taco Bell cups on Guam too. Then again Pizza Hut's boxes here all say 'Ohana' on them. I guess to Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC Guam is just another part of Hawaii... a thousand miles away from the rest of the islands. Hey, can I get that pattern on a Hawaiian shirt? I'd pay for a Tiki Central Hawaiian shirt with that on it!

That now hiring all shits sign is classic. I like that large companies in Hawaii usually cater their stuff to the Hawaii demographic. Makes for some cool collectors items.

Pages: 1 31 replies